Bowl Season

Yeah, yeah... I wish the Pac-10 had better bowl agreements. I am pulling for nothing short of undefeated in the bowls this year though.

(milohimself @ Dec 29 said:
Yeah, yeah... I wish the Pac-10 had better bowl agreements. I am pulling for nothing short of undefeated in the bowls this year though.
U have got the National Championship game though

(bleedingorange @ Dec 29 said:
BYU
Rutgers
Oklahoma
Northwestern
Texas

The Pac-10 opponents
All things considered, not too much worse than the SEC's bowl opponnents. Utah just made Georgia Tech their women, Oklahoma was starting to do a lot better, Northwestern had a pretty damned good offense this year, and Texas... Well, nothing needs explained there.

All things considered, not too much worse than the SEC's bowl opponnents. Utah just made Georgia Tech their women, Oklahoma was starting to do a lot better, Northwestern had a pretty damned good offense this year, and Texas... Well, nothing needs explained there.
Of the six opponents for the sec, five are ranked, and only one is ranked for the Pac-10

It seems like forever since an SEC team played. We all gotta pull for the SEC dont we. I am even if it is Alabama, i cant believe i just said that.

I will only forgive you for that statement because we are not in a bowl and the stress is just too much. But please NEVER say or type that again!

Remember bammer is pure evil and NOTHING good EVER comes from evil!

Of the six opponents for the sec, five are ranked, and only one is ranked for the Pac-10
Yeah, and I said SEC's was tougher. Obviously. But look at the teams for who they are. Mizzou and Iowa? Wisconsin? You know Texas Tech is overrated. Their offense puts up big numbers but it doesn't win games. The SEC schedule is tougher, but not by leaps and bounds.

(tidwell @ Dec 29 said:
I actually hope Alabama crushes Texas Tech.
They will, all you have to do is throw a stick in the spokes of the Texas Tech offense with a little bit of speed and athleticism and they are done. I am neutral on this game, but I have to believe Bama will win pretty easily.

Yeah, and I said SEC's was tougher. Obviously. But look at the teams for who they are. Mizzou and Iowa? Wisconsin? You know Texas Tech is overrated. Their offense puts up big numbers but it doesn't win games. The SEC schedule is tougher, but not by leaps and bounds.
yeah u are right, theres not too much difference just a little though

They will, all you have to do is throw a stick in the spokes of the Texas Tech offense with a little bit of speed and athleticism and they are done. I am neutral on this game, but I have to believe Bama will win pretty easily.

I won't go as far as saying "Roll Tide Roll," but I will say this right now... Go Bama.

Texas Tech likes to run it up on any smaller school every chance they get... it'll be swell to see them get smacked in the mouth, even if it's the southern elephants that have to do it.

(tidwell @ Dec 29 said:
I won't go as far as saying "Roll Tide Roll," but I will say this right now... Go Bama.

Texas Tech likes to run it up on any smaller school every chance they get... it'll be swell to see them get smacked in the mouth, even if it's the southern elephants that have to do it.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

WE CAN NEVER, EVER ROOT FOR BAMMERS!

(VolBeef88 @ Dec 29 said:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

WE CAN NEVER, EVER ROOT FOR BAMMERS!
Sounds to me more like he's recognizing the fact that Bama will take that game and most of us know it. The Red Raiders consistently destroy lesser defenses, but usually stumble against good defenses. Luckily for them Texas (Kansas' was okay too) was the only good defense in all the Big XII. But with the Big XII looking to be at full strength next season, I seriously doubt the boys from Lubbock will be winning a whole lot of big games.

Last night I went to the battle of the bands for the Music City Bowl. It seems like there were a lot more Minn. fans there than Va fans. I picked UVA to win but I'm not feeling real sure about it now.

I hate to say it but LSU looks stout. I've not been impressed w Coach Miles, but obviously he has got the Tigers headed in the right direction. I thought when UT played LSU early in the season, Miles did a pathetic job adjusting & got way too conservative in his play calling. He often reminded me of the deer in the headlights scene. Give him credit...it appears he & his Staff have definitely matured.

The best thing about it all is Miami got their butts handed to them head on!

I don't care I hate both teams equally but picked Miami. Miami is a thug program but LSU has probably the worst fans in the SEC (that's saying a lot), and probably the country.

LSU thumped Miami and I enjoyed every minute of it. LSU's not one of my favorites by any means, but words can't describe how sick I am of Miami and their little u....

(Orangewhiteblood @ Dec 31 said:
LSU thumped Miami and I enjoyed every minute of it. LSU's not one of my favorites by any means, but words can't describe how sick I am of Miami and their little u....
I'm with ya. I live in tallahassee, fl and I get sick of hearing all these florida teams talk...of course, I was at the FSU-UM game and greatly enjoyed seeing miami lose :)

Miami is a thug program but LSU has probably the worst fans in the SEC (that's saying a lot), and probably the country.

That distinction, worst fans, belongs hands down to The Ohio State Buckeye fans!

OBVIOUSLY neither of you guys have ever been to a UT / UF game at Florida Field!

I have been to LSU for some night games & UF for a couple 1pm games...NO comparison. UF Fans are the most arrogant, ignorant, crude, rude and sickeningly classless humans found on earth. A total embarrassement to the SEC, NCAA, the State of FL, the SOUTH & generally speaking humanity as a whole.

(RealVol @ Dec 31 said:
OBVIOUSLY neither of you guys have ever been to a UT / UF game at Florida Field!

I have been to LSU for some night games & UF for a couple 1pm games...NO comparison. UF Fans are the most arrogant, ignorant, crude, rude and sickeningly classless humans found on earth. A total embarrassement to the SEC, NCAA, the State of FL, the SOUTH & generally speaking humanity as a whole.

Ditto. Been there done that. Have been given the finger by other fans before. At the Swamp it was by a whole section of fans. I believe in some good natured ribbing between fans but these guys get personal and down right mean.

(RealVol @ Dec 31 said:

hahaha this is so true. i went two years ago when we won and i was stuck in the middle of the gator nation for the first half. but then i moved to the bight orange part and enjoyed myself the second half.

:crazy:

VN Store

Back