Bowl projections point to Cotton Bowl if Vols beat Vandy

Our resume has taken a beating thanks to Vandy and USCjr.
10-2, even 9-3 isn’t a beating. There’s only 3 teams “potentially” ahead of us and 2 will for sure be in NY6 bowls. If LSU loses and they’re 10-3 and we’re 10-2 they’re not going ahead of us.

Where does Ole Miss end up ? They could very well lose the Egg bowl and end up with 4 losses

10-2, even 9-3 isn’t a beating. There’s only 3 teams “potentially” ahead of us and 2 will for sure be in NY6 bowls. If LSU loses and they’re 10-3 and we’re 10-2 they’re not going ahead of us.
I meant Vandy has beaten kensucky and Florduh. Uscjr killed us. Or bowl resume is what has taken a beating.

We are going to cotton with win over Vandy. Good season NY6 bowl. No we will not be in the Music City. Mayo. or any other crap bowl for a long time those days are behind us. It’s now NY6, Playoff or Citrus at worst for us for the next 10 yrs so get used to being 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 or undefeated. Go Vols!!!! Good times are back .

Reactions: VolCalls
I do not have fond memories of the Cotton Bowl. Froze my ass off while watching us play like hot garbage and take an ass kicking from Kansas State. The coldest and most miserable road trip game I ever for me.

They play this one at Jerry’s new place now?

Reactions: 08Vol
I do not have fond memories of the Cotton Bowl. Froze my ass off while watching us play like hot garbage and take an ass kicking from Kansas State. The coldest and most miserable road trip game I ever for me.

They play this one at Jerry’s new place now?
Yes, the new place. Was that one the 2000 season? Was a bit before my time lol

I guess it all depends on where we are ranked compared to penn state. Plus how far does a 10-3 lsu team drop after Georgia. None of that even matters if we lose to vandy though. Let’s beat them and then look at bowl stuff after that.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Anyplace or any team that doesn't have a good passing QB, I'll be ok with.
UCF or N.C. would pound us. I know nothing about Tulane.

Need to step down a notch and prepare for 2023. This is not the same team that beat Bama and LSU and playing Tulane or UCF could be about right. Syracuse or NC state might be realistic as well. I would not want Kansas State or any Big 12 teams in the Cotton Bowl. If lose to Vandy - Liberty or Music City are ok and help the local economies.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
The ranking of Penn State and LSU after the SECCG will determine our fate. Essentially it’s Penn State LSU and UT fighting for 2 spots—one in Orange. The other in the Cotton. Worse for us is there is no contractual obligation for the Cotton to take someone based on ranking. This is where Hooker being out is really problematic. UT without Hooker will sell tickets but is not as hot from a tv matchup standpoint. If Penn State gets the Orange I could see the Cotton taking LSU even if they are ranked below us.

VN Store

Back