Bowl projections point to Cotton Bowl if Vols beat Vandy

We were already predicted to go to cotton bowl before uscjr embarrassing us. I think that is delusional.

Reactions: 08Vol
Tulane and/UCF would be such disappointing matchups for a bowl. Regardless of where it looked like we would be before last night's game.

With Hooker most likely gone, Cotton Bowl is the best option available.

I’d say Tennessee would have a hefty number of opt outs (Tillman, Hyatt, Young, maybe Wright) if that is the case. It will be mainly a 2023 Tennessee team playing.

Where did I see it? CBS sports I think.
Or where will we land? I think music city level.
There’s no way a 9-3/10-2 team winds up in the MCB. We’ll be Citrus Bowl at worst. It’s been 21 years since we’ve been to Orlando and their reps were at the UK game, they will push hard for us and know that we’ll travel well to that destination.

CBS did not have us in the Cotton Bowl last week. They had us in the CFP.

Also, this team is not going any lower than Citrus unless you think Vanderbilt is beating them.
After that uninspired effort last night anything is possible. The Vandy coach has a very good defensive mind. A repeat of last night next week could be trouble

There’s no way a 9-3/10-2 team winds up in the MCB. We’ll be Citrus Bowl at worst. It’s been 21 years since we’ve been to Orlando and their reps were at the UK game, they will push hard for us and know that we’ll travel well to that destination.
Our resume has taken a beating thanks to Vandy and USCjr.

VN Store

Back