Boosters calling for Currie to resign

The Pilot/Flying scandals, now being played out in Federal Court, tell us something about the ethics of this family. They are BIG MONEY, and criticism from the little people mean little to them, I guess. What does mean something is LOST REVENUE. That's something we CAN DO to express our feelings. Lawsuits and boycotts are pretty effective that way.

Guys, I’m as dejected and depressed as one could be in this situation. But the one silver lining is that we are strong when we unite. Knowing that, it gives me hope that we can still make a solid hire and can remove those that don’t have our best interests in heart.

Judging by several boosters reactions, it is clear that there is an attempt to make this happen. It’s our jobs to keep our voices loud enough to be heard, and not dismissed. Keep the pressure up on social media, it obviously is a great weapon for us to use. Don’t let the media make the narrative about us being spoiled, or entitled as they are trying to do, not without a fight.

It’s time for us to help make this change, along with everyone in AD who didn’t want this to happen, and all our alumni and boosters who are fighting so hard for us as well.

Go Vols!!!

We are headed into a dark time...but we must rid ourselves of the folks who continue to bring this program down and bow to “old money” in order to truly have a chance at the future. I am headed to ktown today...if something isn’t done then many of us have no other choice than to pull funding and resources until a change is made. I urge all of you no matter how big or small a donor to let the folks at UTAD department know we expect a healthy process and fair shake....if not support other good causes and get tickets on stub hub the day of the game if you want but do not donate until resolution has come.

So I thought a deal was made where research money was going to Knoxville in exchange for Grudens hire? Was the chancellor not involved in all this? Did they think they could hire someone else and still get the money? Not sure if it was you or the beaver that reported that.

And if all these big money boosters are involved in all this why not just stop giving them money all together? Wouldn't that send a bigger message now rather than waiting until the next football season?

I hate to involve the other sports teams but what if everyone boycotted basketball until a change is made?

I would love for it to happen but I just dont see it. And even if it were to happen, I bet the right guy (Blackburn) wont get the job.

This is a bad mistake. Early signing is a month away. If Currie walks, who will lead our search?

He's only been on the job nine months, and lets be honest, the Blackburn crowd had their knives out for him from the very beginning. Peyton Manning is also vetting our new football coach as well.

I have a hard time believing that Peyton or Zphil would approve Schiano. And you know that Peyton is involved how? Because fans want it to happen or because some loser on the Internet said it without

After years at rock bottom this was our chance to right the ship and Currie takes a big dump all over it. Terrible choice creating a toxic environment. Worst lack of judgement I've seen in a long time. I don't trust him to do anything right at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
How can he be allowed to make a hire? Typically when an AD is fired his hire for coach doesn’t have long since the next one will usually want his guy. With the perception that Currie is going to get pushed out, the only coaches I can see taking a chance are true up and comers, or previously fired ones. No established coach would even think of taking that chance.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a hard time believing that Peyton or Zphil would approve Schiano. And you know that Peyton is involved how? Because fans want it to happen or because some loser on the Internet said it without

Currie is the one and only guy making the call. All Peyton can do is put in his two cents.

We are headed into a dark time...but we must rid ourselves of the folks who continue to bring this program down and bow to “old money” in order to truly have a chance at the future. I am headed to ktown today...if something isn’t done then many of us have no other choice than to pull funding and resources until a change is made. I urge all of you no matter how big or small a donor to let the folks at UTAD department know we expect a healthy process and fair shake....if not support other good causes and get tickets on stub hub the day of the game if you want but do not donate until resolution has come.
Anyone with an IQ of 1 has known this for 10 plus years. But now that one of the Grudenite fools has posted this, I'm sure many of the clueless sheep will be all for it. What a bunch of fools.

Last edited:
Anyone with an IQ of 1 has known this for 10 plus years. But now that one of the Grudenite fools has posted this, I'm sure many shhep will go wow, what a novel thought lol. Idiots.

Wow man way to be a condescending douche nozzle. You think AV was a Grudenite? I guess anyone who wanted a high profile, super bowl winning coach at UT is an idiot. You sound like one of those mosquito d***s Clay Travis talks about.

Reactions: 3 people
Can anyone help give me an understanding of who our top 6 or so boosters are, who they have supported/feuded with in the past, their relative rank in importance with UT brass, etc.

I know the Haslams, I've heard of Thunder Thornton though I don't know much about him, and recently learned about the Dish TV owner. I think a lot of us would find a little background on these power brokers interesting, and you would be doing a service to the VolNation community, imo.

Thanks!

Can anyone help give me an understanding of who our top 6 or so boosters are, who they have supported/feuded with in the past, their relative rank in importance with UT brass, etc.

I know the Haslams, I've heard of Thunder Thornton though I don't know much about him, and recently learned about the Dish TV owner. I think a lot of us would find a little background on these power brokers interesting, and you would be doing a service to the VolNation community, imo.

Thanks!

The only ones that matter are the Haslams, which is evident by this weeks events. Not trying to be rude, but facts are facts unfortunately.

General consensus is Haslams vs. Ergen. Thornton is tight with Fulmer so I assume he falls on the Ergen side trying to get VFL's in charge of things.

This is John Thunder Thornton's home....it has been featured on a show about epic log homes iirc.

Custom Luxury Homes, Designers: Ellis Nunn

thunder_ext_lg3.jpg

Why do I get a slime ball vibe from every AD we hire? Hart seemed like the least slimy between Hamilton and currie I guess...

Thunder Thornton has taken 9k acres of rough mountain land in my home town and turned into a very beautiful place. He has sunk alot alot alot of money into this development. Jasper highlands, check it out. There is also a video on YouTube somewhere. Not sure how big of a booster thunder is but I do know in the early 90s he donated 1 mil to run through the power T

This recent story about Ergen being some knight in shining armor standing off against Haslam is pure fantasy.

Haslams are all you need to know. They run the show. Have for years and they have our program hostage. They want to make all coaching hire decisions and don’t prioritize winning.

At least they took the fans' side this time right?

The old AD would have said "screw you fans,we will do what we want to do"

Maybe this time, our current AD actually wants the best of our fans now? That's what we have wanted right?

I really think that our AD will do what they can to please us....and I think the search is going to be extremely transparent.

VN Store

Back