Boosters calling for Currie to resign

Volsfaninva917

Trey Wallace‏
@TreyW_Radio
Follow Follow @TreyW_Radio
More
Lots of pressure on John Currie to resign today from many big time boosters. Bunch of turmoil in Athletic Department. #Tennessee

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account
@BruceFeldmanCFB
Follow Follow @BruceFeldmanCFB
More
Am told there's increasing pressure now from big-money #Vols boosters to force #Tennessee AD John Currie out in the wake of Sunday's news. UT source told me: "This is such a hot mess. Just when you think they’ve gotten out of the ditch. They’ve fallen into a much bigger one.”

Reactions: 57 people
st-felicia-patron-saintoffarewells-20066324.png

Reactions: 33 people
Trey Wallace‏
@TreyW_Radio
Follow Follow @TreyW_Radio
More
Lots of pressure on John Currie to resign today from many big time boosters. Bunch of turmoil in Athletic Department. #Tennessee

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account
@BruceFeldmanCFB
Follow Follow @BruceFeldmanCFB
More
Am told there's increasing pressure now from big-money #Vols boosters to force #Tennessee AD John Currie out in the wake of Sunday's news. UT source told me: "This is such a hot mess. Just when you think they’ve gotten out of the ditch. They’ve fallen into a much bigger one.”

An old saying: When you're in a hole stop digging!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Too bad, but Currie brought this on himself by his arrogance. He refused to listen to Fulmer and Manning. It seems that the only people he listens to is Haslam and Peterson. I hate to see our Athletic department in such an embarrassing mess, but hopefully out of the ashes our "Phoenix" (Ole Smokey, of course) will arise.

Reactions: 10 people
I sent my coaching resume directly to his email. He can hire me and save his career. I offered a buyout of $100,000.

View attachment resume-2.pdf

The black line is blacked out personal info. Fingers crossed hoping for a response!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
This is a bad mistake. Early signing is a month away. If Currie walks, who will lead our search?

He's only been on the job nine months, and lets be honest, the Blackburn crowd had their knives out for him from the very beginning. Peyton Manning is also vetting our new football coach as well.

Reactions: 2 people
This IS Tennessee!

They hired the wrong guy (hell, Blackburn wasn't the right guy either, hire a big time/experienced AD like Florida and Alabama did).

Now they're shocked he flunked his first test. Really? When did he ever hire a football coach before? Try NEVER!

Now they'll over react, panic and screw up again.

My suggestion is turn it over to Fulmer, tell him to Step back, take a deep breath, find a list of good CURRENT HEAD coaches and start the conversation. Like Currie didn't do the first time.

Reactions: 9 people
Too bad, but Currie brought this on himself by his arrogance. He refused to listen to Fulmer and Manning. It seems that the only people he listens to is Haslam and Peterson. I hate to see our Athletic department in such an embarrassing mess, but hopefully out of the ashes our "Phoenix" (Ole Smokey, of course) will arise.

How do you know Currie didn't consult Manning or Fulmer? It was reported elsewhere that Manning signed off on the hire. Reluctantly or not.

Reactions: 2 people
We are headed into a dark time...but we must rid ourselves of the folks who continue to bring this program down and bow to “old money” in order to truly have a chance at the future. I am headed to ktown today...if something isn’t done then many of us have no other choice than to pull funding and resources until a change is made. I urge all of you no matter how big or small a donor to let the folks at UTAD department know we expect a healthy process and fair shake....if not support other good causes and get tickets on stub hub the day of the game if you want but do not donate until resolution has come.

Reactions: 81 people
We are headed into a dark time...but we must rid ourselves of the folks who continue to bring this program down and bow to “old money” in order to truly have a chance at the future. I am headed to ktown today...if something isn’t done then many of us have no other choice than to pull funding and resources until a change is made. I urge all of you no matter how big or small a donor to let the folks at UTAD department know we expect a healthy process and fair shake....if not support other good causes and get tickets on stub hub the day of the game if you want but do not donate until resolution has come.

Thank you Atlanta Vol.
Go make it happen

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back