Bobby Maze filing lawsuit?

I don't think Maze will see any money even if he wins. It would be given to Allen Iverson as Maze stole his likeness in the first place.

lost respect for him

I hope he wins. College athletes are exploited, no way aroud that. Colleges, corporate sponsors, and TV networks get big money for what those guy do on the field and court. At least it should end when they graduate. Good luck on this Bobby. True Vols stick behind our former players. We appreciate our atheletes... "Vols for Life."

The suit against Electronic Arts Inc. says the NCAA requires athletes to sign a form each year giving up the right to their likeness that continues even after they graduate.

There goes your lawsuit Bobby.

haha, Bobby Maze can't get a job anywhere else with all those tatt's. He's gotta sue to make ends meet. Hilarious.

Everyone makes a ton of money off these kids, yet the NCAA doesn't allow them to get a car ride around town without considering it an extra benefit. It's really hard to blame them for being upset and wanting to get some of the profits too.

Heck....some of them can't afford to go out and get a pizza while they're in school. But it's okay for a game manufacturer to make oodle$ off their (collective) numbers and likenesses.....for life...with no compensation. I think they oughta let the athletes get E1 - E4 money while they're in college fighting the sports wars.

Heck....some of them can't afford to go out and get a pizza while they're in school. But it's okay for a game manufacturer to make oodle$ off their (collective) numbers and likenesses.....for life...with no compensation. I think they oughta let the athletes get E1 - E4 money while they're in college fighting the sports wars.
You have to be kidding.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's just dumb.

Last edited:

I knew a guy back when I was at UT who ran track. He would save his monthly food allowance (yep, athletes do get an allowance) while eating at Gibbs. After a few months, guess who had a brand new plasma tv?

The point is, college athletes aren't as destitute as some make it seem.

"The suit against Electronic Arts Inc. says the NCAA requires athletes to sign a form each year giving up the right to their likeness that continues even after they graduate."

This will be fun to watch. The high and mighty NCAA is in the wrong on this one.

I would say that gives players even less of a claim. They signed away the rights to their likeness in exchange for being cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse and receiving a free college education.

I agree. Why should someone else make money off of their talent without their permission and/or compensating them. It's the athlete's work effort, talent, and skills that they are making money off of if the athlete is successful. Now how much they are compensated as a pro is another issue which I think is ridculous, however, the market dictates what those guys make. Unfortunately, fans end up paying the salaries through tickets, attendance, and merchandising. By the same token, we can choose not to support them--vicious circle.:whistling:

That's crap. The game would exist with or without a player's likeness. In the bizarre event that some loser actually won a case like this (they won't), all EA would have to do is change the game to create random player likenesses to players with skill sets that are based off of actual players. The problem would be easily eliminated and these loser players would have to then find some other way to try to get a free lunch. :eek:hmy:

Last edited:

My son is third team rower on the row team...Man I cant wait for the NCAA to ante up!

I knew a guy back when I was at UT who ran track. He would save his monthly food allowance (yep, athletes do get an allowance) while eating at Gibbs. After a few months, guess who had a brand new plasma tv?

The point is, college athletes aren't as destitute as some make it seem.

A few months? I thought they got less than 100 bucks a month.

That's just dumb.

Yeah, that was dumb...way too much (I didn't know how much an E-1 made these days...I thought they made about 500 bucks, doh!).

I do think an allowance of $300-400 a month would be fair. Forty years ago they used to get about $250 a month for laundry, social events, etc. I haven't kept up with it...but I read recently they get less than that now except for the per diem during travel or bowls, school out of session, etc.

Easy, Kellen.

VN Store

Back