Bob Kesling

A group of fans spoiled by the GOAT play by play guy and all around UT ambassador. There will never be another John Ward. Get used to it.
I don't think anybody is expecting him to be another John Ward. There will never be another John Ward. Bob could be a lot better though.

Reactions: Slydell
I don't think anybody is expecting him to be another John Ward. There will never be another John Ward. Bob could be a lot better though.
He's had 20 years practice at. I tried to listen to him during his first two years and gave up. I catch bits and pieces of his broadcast from time to time and see no improvements. And, yes, there will never be another like "Voice of the Vols".

Keith Jackson could come back and be the "Voice of the Vols" and some would still say, "He's terrible."

Reactions: vettefool
You are just the people I'm talking about. No Clue and think you know all and you couldn't hit you butt with a double sized tennis racket. Moron come to mind!
TV to radio is a very tough transition. I have had the privilege of listen to Bob's football play by play calls several times while camping. He doesn't have the ability to recreate the plays verbally. Seems like a nice my man who is a TV announcer verses a radio play by play guy. Do they make double size tennis rackets,?

Don't like Kesling? See if you can offer Mike Keith enough money to leave the Titans.

Otherwise, you'll get a clown like Russell Smith calling the games.

iu
That really helps. Thanks!

Sorry, Listening from Alabama, Bob does a great job and i normally turn down the anouncers. pause to the and try to sync bob calling the game. Bob does a great job and anyone who doesn't acknowledge it is a moron. The man has passion, Shows the public he can make all the calls. You people that hate on him amuse me. Call a game, lets hear you do better! The word Jerks come to mind. So easy to tear others down when you could never do their job. A&&holes..... thats the word I have for you!

Reactions: vettefool
Keith Jackson could come back and be the "Voice of the Vols" and some would still say, "He's terrible."

Jackson would talk about himself and Al-a-bama!! for the entire game.

His hogging the spotlight during the Fiesta Bowl still ticks me off.

Kesling isn't bad. Ward spoiled us all. Jackson was a bammer homer.

Jackson would talk about himself and Al-a-bama!! for the entire game.

His hogging the spotlight during the Fiesta Bowl still ticks me off.

Kesling isn't bad. Ward spoiled us all. Jackson was a bammer homer.
I would, Keith Jackson was a terrible announcer to listen to. He was Big 10 to the core.

To be honest, I was just picking a name. It could be anybody......
I do miss Ward, as we all do. Miss watching a game with the tv on mute and radio turned on.

edit................I'll ask Mike Keith if he will come back to Knoxville>;)

Bob is okay. He’s just lucky he has Tim Priest and Bert Bertelkamp as his color guys.
Not a fan of Bert.....I get the VFL thing, but screaming "MONEY" really isn't commentary....kind of old and tired like Chris Berman....I am a fan of Bob though, however it is more from Hess Hall days than him being the voice of the Vols

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think Bob does a good job doing basketball.... not so much in football.

Aw, Hell. Another pro Bob thread. Soon to be followed with another Anti Bob thread. Give it a rest.

If you can tolerate him and think he is worth listening to, party on. As far as respecting him goes, I hear he is a Helluva nice guy. I can respect that. But as voice of the Vols? Child, please. I'd rather sit out in the summer sun on a freshly paved road and watch the paint dry than listen to him.

But it's obvious the dullards that make decisions for the Vol network ain't gonna fire him. So, why even rehash this nonsense? Just as long as the idiots at the television networks don't shove his soundbites down my throat when I choose not to tune him in, I DGAF anymore.

Damn man, Keith Jackson? Where did you get the idea he was all that and a bag of chips? Hell, he was why people out here in east Tennessee turned down the TV and cranked up John Ward. If Johnny Knoxville and his buddies start air horning you next time you tee off, it'll be well deserved.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
To be honest, I was just picking a name. It could be anybody......
I do miss Ward, as we all do. Miss watching a game with the tv on mute and radio turned on.

edit................I'll ask Mike Keith if he will come back to Knoxville>;)

Now you are making some sense.

Damn man, Keith Jackson? Where did you get the idea he was all that and a bag of chips? Hell, he was why people out here in east Tennessee turned down the TV and cranked up John Ward. If Johnny Knoxville and his buddies start air horning you next time you tee off, it'll be well deserved.
That is funny..............I actually gave him golf lessons while he was filming a movie in Columbia, TN years ago.

18 years running and still mostly known for "following a legend." Tennessee hasn't expanded the fanbase in twenty years, so only dementiacs exist to describe the problem.

Radio just isn't what it used to be. There just aren't many John Ward, Larry Munson types left. Kesling is fine. He just feels watered down.

Spend a few minutes listening to Todd Ellis at SC or Scott Howard at UGA and you'll appreciate Kesling.

Reactions: tbh
Sorry, Listening from Alabama, Bob does a great job and i normally turn down the anouncers. pause to the and try to sync bob calling the game. Bob does a great job and anyone who doesn't acknowledge it is a moron. The man has passion, Shows the public he can make all the calls. You people that hate on him amuse me. Call a game, lets hear you do better! The word Jerks come to mind. So easy to tear others down when you could never do their job. A&&holes..... thats the word I have for you!

I see you were born and raised in alabammer.

VN Store

Back