Bob Kesling

UTNoFear

Having to endure listening to Mickey Dearstone call a UT Lady's vol game leaves me with this, Bob makes mistakes I agree, but his passion for UT can never be doubted. The man has so much passion for his Orange and shows it whether UT football or Men's basketball. The Man is UT through and through and loves his Vols and his emotions show it. He's no John Ward but who is. If you wanna hear the voice of the lady vols then tune in to a robot called Mickey Dearstone......... You'll get the point. Bob has faults, as we all do but this man does a great job. Those that hate him, let's hear you call a game...... You'd be Laughed out of the stadium. Sure he makes mistakes on names but considering some of the names he has to pronounce, I'll give him a pass. This man loves the orange and for nothing else he deserves your respect. Doubt me listen to Mickey Dearstone and ask yourself if you wanted to hear him do UT football. I'd rather fly my plane into a battleship (Kamikaze) then listen to that mono tone fool. Bob does a great job even if he makes mistakes. Examine your life, let's see how perfect you are. Be glad you have a man that shows emotion, loves his vols, and gives his time and effort to call both football and basketball. Treasure the man instead of tearing him down.

I'd love to hear his detractors on the radio and hear them make complete fools of themselves. Go ahead and bash but be glad Bob is on the mike, the man does a great job considering following a legend. Stepping off the soap box.

Having to endure listening to Mickey Dearstone call a UT Lady's vol game leaves me with this, Bob makes mistakes I agree, but his passion for UT can never be doubted. The man has so much passion for his Orange and shows it whether UT football or Men's basketball. The Man is UT through and through and loves his Vols and his emotions show it. He's no John Ward but who is. If you wanna hear the voice of the lady vols then tune in to a robot called Mickey Dearstone......... You'll get the point. Bob has faults, as we all do but this man does a great job. Those that hate him, let's hear you call a game...... You'd be Laughed out of the stadium. Sure he makes mistakes on names but considering some of the names he has to pronounce, I'll give him a pass. This man loves the orange and for nothing else he deserves your respect. Doubt me listen to Mickey Dearstone and ask yourself if you wanted to hear him do UT football. I'd rather fly my plane into a battleship (Kamikaze) then listen to that mono tone fool. Bob does a great job even if he makes mistakes. Examine your life, let's see how perfect you are. Be glad you have a man that shows emotion, loves his vols, and gives his time and effort to call both football and basketball. Treasure the man instead of tearing him down.

I'd love to hear his detractors on the radio and hear them make complete fools of themselves. Go ahead and bash but be glad Bob is on the mike, the man does a great job considering following a legend. Stepping off the soap box.

your comment about Kamikaze (pilots) makes me wonder...why did they wear helmets???

I'd love to hear his detractors on the radio and hear them make complete fools of themselves. Go ahead and bash but be glad Bob is on the mike, the man does a great job considering following a legend. Stepping off the soap box.[/
Having to endure listening to Mickey Dearstone call a UT Lady's vol game leaves me with this, Bob makes mistakes I agree, but his passion for UT can never be doubted. The man has so much passion for his Orange and shows it whether UT football or Men's basketball. The Man is UT through and through and loves his Vols and his emotions show it. He's no John Ward but who is. If you wanna hear the voice of the lady vols then tune in to a robot called Mickey Dearstone.........

Thank you Bob! Now take your exlax, it will pass in the morning.

Having to endure listening to Mickey Dearstone call a UT Lady's vol game leaves me with this, Bob makes mistakes I agree, but his passion for UT can never be doubted.

His detractors are not paid huge sums of money to do the radio broadcasts. If someone is a bad electrician, do you challenge the detractors to do wiring themselves? Come on man, he cares, so do we.

Here was a Bob Kessling call back in 2003, "Clausen, long pass into the end zone...Mark Jones...he's got it! Touchdown Tennessee! Mark Jones catches the ball for a touchdown! Tennessee will not get ready for the extra point. Here comes Wilhoit on to--Oh wait, no, they said he dropped it. Pass incomplete, it's 4th down."

His detractors are not paid huge sums of money to do the radio broadcasts. If someone is a bad electrician, do you challenge the detractors to do wiring themselves? Come on man, he cares, so do we.
One point---As of September 2018, UT pays Bob about 114,202 per year as Communications Director/Media Director. Not a bad income, but not quite "huge sums of money":

UT employee salaries

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Well, for what it is worth, I like Bob. He ain't perfect. Even John Ward missed a call, every now and then. Of course, he was always 20 yds behind the guy, running into the end zone. But I loved John. No one can follow John Ward, and expect to be loved. Same as anyone following Pat Summitt.

Winning helps everything and would even help our perception of Bob. We miss Ward and we've lost a lot of games so that makes it much harder to let Bob get a fair shake.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I bring this up every time a Bob debate happens, but if you want to really appreciate Bob, watch the 2013 South Carolina game with their local commentators.

A replay of that game was on ESPN in the offseason the next year and for some reason they played it with SC’s commentators.

I’ve never seen a more unprofessional bunch. They whined about every call that went against the cocks, made multiple comments about the “home cookin” you get in Neyland, accused our players of making dirty hits the whole game. It was unreal.

I was very appreciative of Bob’s professionalism after watching that.

VN Store

Back