Bob Kesling

You bet. Quit drinking CocaCola, Don't drive Fords, Don't insure with Farm Bureau, don't bank with First Horizon, No Calhouns, no Dead End BBQ, and discontinued Dish earlier this year when I found out they were in. And my house doesn't use Natural Gas.

Dedication...

Without reading the entire thread, has anyone suggested replacing BoB with Charles Davis for football? I think he does a great job on Fox. Bring the man home!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Mike Keith, who does the Titans radio does a good job. He is a graduate of UT and BGA. He is also the cousin of David Keith (the actor) who was born in Knoxville. Perhaps he could be persuaded to upgrade from the Titans broadcast to the Vols.
JMHO

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
The odd thing is that you have to listen to the broadcast each week to know who to boycott. Seems like a lot of work.

No it is well publicized up here. Something someone living in Georgia can't figure out maybe.

Without reading the entire thread, has anyone suggested replacing BoB with Charles Davis for football? I think he does a great job on Fox. Bring the man home!

I think Charles is first class. It would be a stretch to go from color to play by play, but I would love to hear him give it a tryout. He would be more exciting than Bob.

I don't think they could go wrong getting Charles Davis in any capacity, but that would probably involve Davis taking a pay cut.

Mike Keith, who does the Titans radio does a good job. He is a graduate of UT and BGA. He is also the cousin of David Keith (the actor) who was born in Knoxville. Perhaps he could be persuaded to upgrade from the Titans broadcast to the Vols.
JMHO

It was who I hoped for when John announced. I was at TBA for his appearance there the day of his final home football game. It was before they announced Bob would take over, but by then, we had already heard rumors he would. I really was praying it wouldn't happen. My nieces husband likes Bob. I have little to say to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigfredtn
It seems like theres one of these threads ever so often. The mans been calling for like 21 years now, I don’t think he’s going away until retirement. And I’m sure it’s a decent paying gig, but I doubt that anyone who is the official voice for an nfl team or a tv guy is going to come replace him when he does. But it’s probably going to be a younger guy coming up on the volnetwork now. We might be complaining one day, that guy is even worse than Bob.

Reactions: MAD
JMHO
No way. I can't take much of Mike Keith. That yelling of "sackkkk" makes me ill.

And I think Kesling is fine. The problem for so many is that he isn't John Ward.

Reactions: Teeman
No way. I can't take much of Mike Keith. That yelling of "sackkkk" makes me ill.

And I think Kesling is fine. The problem for so many is that he isn't John Ward.
I prefer Kesling to Keith personally. And I like the combo with Priest.

It seems like theres one of these threads ever so often. The mans been calling for like 21 years now, I don’t think he’s going away until retirement. And I’m sure it’s a decent paying gig, but I doubt that anyone who is the official voice for an nfl team or a tv guy is going to come replace him when he does. But it’s probably going to be a younger guy coming up on the volnetwork now. We might be complaining one day, that guy is even worse than Bob.

Impossible. Unless they hire some guy with a severe speech impediment. And again, it was nothing to do with Ward. I has to doing with having the very best, and not justifying mediocrity. And anyone thinking Bob is fine or competent or worthy of the job needs to stand in their yard for fifteen minutes in order to have the greenest grass on earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Impossible. Unless they hire some guy with a severe speech impediment. And again, it was nothing to do with Ward. I has to doing with having the very best, and not justifying mediocrity. And anyone thinking Bob is fine or competent or worthy of the job needs to stand in their yard for fifteen minutes in order to have the greenest grass on earth.
Too many people use the "Following a Legend" excuse for Bumbling Bob.

Dooley followed a HOF coach (excluding Kiffin)...did he suck solely because he followed Fulmer?

No....he sucked because he did. Same with Bob

Reactions: Bigun

Amazing how people keep throwing out this lame reasoning to excuse Kesling's poor performance. Kesling sucks because he is not good at what he does. It has nothing to do with following John Ward or not.

Name one, exactly one, iconic call that Kesling has made over his 21 years that makes Vol fans get a chill. It certainly isn't the ridiculously stupid "into the chiggerboards" call he does or the lifeless way he calls the "It's Football Time in Tennessee" like he wants to make sure noone gets excited.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
You bet. Quit drinking CocaCola, Don't drive Fords, Don't insure with Farm Bureau, don't bank with First Horizon, No Calhouns, no Dead End BBQ, and discontinued Dish earlier this year when I found out they were in. And my house doesn't use Natural Gas.

Man, you’ve really shown them!

Reactions: Vol Main
Amazing how people keep throwing out this lame reasoning to excuse Kesling's poor performance. Kesling sucks because he is not good at what he does. It has nothing to do with following John Ward or not.

Name one, exactly one, iconic call that Kesling has made over his 21 years that makes Vol fans get a chill. It certainly isn't the ridiculously stupid "into the chiggerboards" call he does or the lifeless way he calls the "It's Football Time in Tennessee" like he wants to make sure noone gets excited.

WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS!!

VN Store

Back