Board Mood If We Go 0-4?

VolnJC

We will be underdogs in the next 4 games...so will the happy posts continue if we play well but still lose all 4 or if we manage to win one and go 1-3? I think most would be happy with 2-2 during that stretch.

Reactions: bigduke6
Most predicted a 6-6 record and that still happens if we go 0-4. Winning one would be great and winning 2 should get CJH a coach of the year award
Yeah I've been impressed and was more cautious than most...new system lots of new players..I'd still take 6-6 but would love to see a win vs Ole Miss or UK to try to get to 8 with a bowl win

We will be underdogs in the next 4 games...so will the happy posts continue if we play well but still lose all 4 or if we manage to win one and go 1-3? I think most would be happy with 2-2 during that stretch.

I see the OM and UK game as winnable. If we take one or both of those I’d be very happy.

I expected four wins this year. Making a bowl game to me was overachieving. Based on the play thus far, I think I’ll be happy winning one of those two games. Lose all 4 and I’ll be a little disappointed. But still feel we are finally moving in a positive direction.

In some corners, the models are now showing UT the winner in two of those games. I could be badly disappointed but I think UT has a really good chance of winning this weekend and maybe a tad better vs UK due to style of play and the recent injury to Oxendine.

I think 1-3 would actually be a split to most of us. I don't think many if any think of Bama or UGA as realistic possibilities for a win. Just play competitive.

A 2-2 would set UT up for an 8 win season which I think most would consider great. Heupel might be voted coach of the year if that happens.

If they're competing, then the board will be disappointed in losing, but at least most will see it as real progress. None of the next 4 will be easy games, IMO. If they're getting blown out, you'll have the typical "Heupel isn't the guy, he sucks, etc."

0-4 is absolutely on the table. But how we respond will depend on circumstances of play, injuries, whether we fought to the end, and turnovers/mistakes. There will always be those on here that have such a short attention span that any loss is devastating no matter the circumstances, no matter the foe. But for the reasonable fan with half a brain, it totally depends on the way we manage to conduct ourselves in each of these 4 games. 1-3 and I personally would be thrilled. Especially if we are competitive against the 3 losses. But for once, this team has me truly excited for each Saturday and that is a fantastic thing, given our journey over the last 10-12 years. Go Vols

It depends.

What does the product on the field look like? If we make Bama and UGA earn it and lose to Miss and UK on heartbreakers due to depth/talent issues that we’re already keenly aware of people should be encouraged.

But if we come out and get embarrassed against Miss on Saturday after all the hype and momentum leading up to this game I think people will be rightfully disappointed.

No. This board always overreacts to everything, so it'll be FAHR HEUPEL!!!! if he loses the next 4, even though few coaches out there would go anything other than 0-4 given the situation.

Personally, I'd be pretty happy if we go 1-3 and then finish off the season 2-0 against USA and Vandy to get us at 7-5. But even if we lose the next 4, as long as we continue to see improvement, I'm happy. No one should've had high expectations for this season to begin with.

First, the mood will be a disappointment, as any loss. I am looking for steady improvement in 3 areas of this team. Of course, I want UT to win.

Reactions: VolnJC
No. This board always overreacts to everything, so it'll be FAHR HEUPEL!!!! if he loses the next 4, even though few coaches out there would go anything other than 0-4 given the situation.

Personally, I'd be pretty happy if we go 1-3 and then finish off the season 2-0 against USA and Vandy to get us at 7-5. But even if we lose the next 4, as long as we continue to see improvement, I'm happy. No one should've had high expectations for this season to begin with.

DG based on what you’ve seen do you expect this team to just lay down for Bama and UGA like we’ve sadly been accustomed to lately?

Mood of VN.com will be bad if Tennessee goes 0-4. There will be at least one thread, probably more, made calling for Heupel to be fired. It will probably be from someone who is new to the board and is a troll from an opposing team.

Reactions: 508mikey
I like their chances of winning at least one of the next four. Two home games, two road games.
Of course injury is a major factor for this team due to lack of depth.

Reactions: chuck0303

VN Store

Back