Bleacher Report Says Tennessee is 10-2 in 2015

Article lost me when they said Blair has been impressive this spring when clearly that's not the case.

You guys keep saying that and it does my heart good to hear it, but SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. This is the inevitable truth...something WILL happen to knock this team on its ass. SOMETHING will all but take them out. The question is, are we able to handle that something yet? Because it takes a lot of time playing together ... experience, to overcome that something. This season will NOT go as planned. Will we handle it when it happens? Maybe...we might be there, but I won't say definitively YES until another year of gelling and recruiting.

What I stated was objective numerical fact. What you stated was subjective speculation and opinion. Neither of us has any idea how injuries will turn out with Tennessee, but either way it doesn't happen in a vacuum. Other teams have injuries and other bad things happen as well....those things are all unknown and the only thing we can really do at this point is talk about where teams stand prior to any of those things happening.....and the fact is, as things stand right now, Tennessee is in as good or better position than any team in the SEC.

Reactions: 3 people
and Dobbs gets blasted trying to run.

Stop quoting yourself.

Anyway, not all of our depth will be freshmen. Most of the 2014 class will be backing up as well. But regardless, you entirely missed or ignored my argument to focus on that one point. But I guess you dont have time to read or react to posts by others when you keep replying to your own stuff.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know about 12-0 but We Will Be in ATL playing for the SEC this season

Are you assuming every starter stays healthy for 12 games?

Are you? I think UT will have about the same proportion of injuries as everyone else.

If every starter goes down, then 8-4 isn't realistic, correct? Injuries are part of the game but they happen for all teams.

5 wins was the general consensus last year all around. 80% of this board called for 5 wins last year. I called for 8 as well did a number of others. What's really fun is you only have to go back half a year..the middle of last season to see that half this board was using "FYRE BUTCH!" as a rally cry.

This entire post is false. Laughably so.

Are you? I think UT will have about the same proportion of injuries as everyone else.

If every starter goes down, then 8-4 isn't realistic, correct? Injuries are part of the game but they happen for all teams.

nm

5 wins was the general consensus last year all around. 80% of this board called for 5 wins last year.
Most here called for 6 or 7 wins. Not 5.

I called for 8 as well did a number of others.
Then you were wrong. Why does that compel you to be wrong again?

What's really fun is you only have to go back half a year..the middle of last season to see that half this board was using "FYRE BUTCH!" as a rally cry.

Well, if it was half the board hen finding a bunch of examples should be pretty easy for you. I'd be interested in seeing just five... much less half the board that said Jones should be fired last year.

Reactions: 5 people
Hell no, I'm not. We don't have the depth yet (QB for example? Or RB?) to go deep into the schedule and come out unscathed if we have injuries. I would love it if we did. And maybe we'll be surprised by some of our kids. But to decide we are able to hit a certain mark barring losing key starters is just stupid. (It's a great thing for those who want to come back after the season and say "I told you so". So we've got that going for us.)

Giving any kind of grade in April just makes no sense to me.

Then why make a prediction? What's the difference?

You made a prediction of 8-4. What was that based on? So when you write these things aimed at me & others are you looking in the mirror?

You can't predict injuries for UT or any other team. But, if there are no significant injuries for UT then this should be a 9-3 team.

I see UT losing to:

Bama- they're still more talented
UF- we just struggle against them no matter what
Mizzou- they're well coached and we don't seem to play well against them

Those are my reasons for the 3 losses. Which 4 games do you see us losing and why?

Last edited:
Of course it losses to Florida and Alabama :realmad:

After years of wandering in the desert with losing seasons, it comes back to 10-2 TENNESSEE with the two losses being to the same 2 usual suspects. This would mean an undefeated season at home for the first time in years!

If so you can't spell Citrus without UT. I will take a 10-2 this season with the hope of an undefeated season in 2016 as UF and Bama come back to Neyland Stadium for some payback!

Obviously those are the two games you want the most, but who could be upset with an SECE title? Not this guy.

If we go to Atlanta I would be ok with a loss to Florida. The season certainly wouldn't feel ridiculous.

I'd agree wholeheartedly most of the time. But the loss last year changed the dynamic.

But we've lost to five Florida teams in a row that have been the worst in a generation, one of which was about 30 points worse than Vanderbilt. The nonsense has to stop and it has to be Butch's number one mission to stop it. Fulmer's number one mission was to reverse the Bama streak and that's why he's the second greatest coach in our history. And Bama was better than Florida has been the last five years.

9 wins is the FLOOR for this team. This year an SECCG visit with a Florida loss will feel worse than just missing out but taking the Gators to the woodshed.

I'd agree wholeheartedly most of the time. But the loss last year changed the dynamic.

But we've lost to five Florida teams in a row that have been the worst in a generation, one of which was about 30 points worse than Vanderbilt. The nonsense has to stop and it has to be Butch's number one mission to stop it. Fulmer's number one mission was to reverse the Bama streak and that's why he's the second greatest coach in our history. And Bama was better than Florida has been the last five years.

9 wins is the FLOOR for this team. This year an SECCG visit with a Florida loss will feel worse than just missing out but taking the Gators to the woodshed.

You seem to overlook the fact that we are still razor thin at certain key positions. What happens if Dobbs gets hurt? We have a true freshmen who's never taken a college snap backing him up. Oh and another true freshmen backing HIM up. We have 2 running backs in Hurd and Kamara. What happens if one or both of them get hurt? What happens if Pig Howard gets hurt?

You say 9 wins should be the floor with this team but I don't think you realize just how much lady luck would have to shine on us for that to happen and frankly, that's something Tennessee hasn't had a whole lot of since 98.

Last edited:
Surprised they have UF as loss. Hope we can end that streak

Why? We're pretty much equally talented teams, it's at Florida, and we've lost 18 of the last 22. I think you have to predict that as a loss given the circumstances.

Bleacher Report Says Tennessee is 10-2 in 2015

So does this mean we still have to play the games??

VN Store

Back