Black jerseys to be auctioned (merged)

Considering that 85% of the team is young black men i dnt think Coach is out of line at all. It aint about politics its about supporting his guys. When he sat in their living rooms he made a promise to their parents that he would help mold them into men. This is part of that. I dnt understand why people are trying to make it a democrate vs republican issue. It really just sounds like a fancy way to say black vs white to me bc i know for a fact that there are republicans that support the BML movement. When u straddle the fence it turns into the Dabo situation. The only thing that really matters is what those 100 or so kids on his team thinks. He could just sit back and stfu like most people do but instead he is chosing to take a stand with his team. Its very important that coach goes above an beyond for his guys bc this is an issue that just about every player on the team will face throughout their lives. So what if it makes enemies. Change is never easy but anything is better then going backwards.
well they support defunding the police for one thing. It's right there on their website.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Lol yea a child abuser who assaulted two officers and stole their weapon and got shot while using it on them isn’t his fault at all. And since you don’t know who I am and you appear to be a “new” poster I’ll just laugh to myself

I want to make sure I understand this correctly, if you resist arrest from an officer it is their right to kill you without any questions being asked?

You are a racist if you support BLM.
Well that makes zero sense. But you are probably one of those "aLl LivES MaTtEr" people with their head still in the sand after FIVE years. Drew Brees 2.0.

Wait, why are you even still here? Thought you gave up UT? Bye.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Jesus you must be a 20 year old. Read Tennessee vs Garner and Graham vs Connor and get back to me
So yes, I am correct (trust me I know this because I am trained in the law, so I had the upper hand on you all along) but an officer can only use deadly force when confronted with deadly force. Fleeing and getting shot in the back don't really meet that standard, do you get my point now.

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985), is a civil case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that, under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, the officer may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Like many of you, I've heard the same thing BLM is a terrorist organization. But I was more interested in who profits from that. Is it truly the black community? I think Pruitt is referencing black initiatives, not the organization. But at any rate this is what I found.
1. go the the website, proceed as though you're going to make a donation I did a screen shot so you could see for yourselves.
1592521205963.png

2. You proceed to make that donation. Notice term (2), you are directed to "ActBlue" for the payment:

1592521343894.png

3. Now we need to know what the yearly expenditures are for them. Be mindful, legally this has to be reported. Here's where it gets good.

1592521683230.png

1592521842403.png

1592521881123.png

Attachments

• 1592521522751.png
    1592521522751.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 1592521585906.png
    1592521585906.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So yes, I am correct (trust me I know this because I am trained in the law, so I had the upper hand on you all along) but an officer can only use deadly force when confronted with deadly force. Fleeing and getting shot in the back don't really meet that standard, do you get my point now.

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985), is a civil case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that, under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, the officer may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

It's the legal, court, jury interpretation of probable cause that is deadly, er, troublesome

Lol you obviously have never understood much case law or sat in on court cases; and you are not “trained in law” because you would know that a violent suspect that has assaulted officers and stolen a weapon and is actively using said weapon against them constitutes a threat of death or serious physical injury to the officers and others

Lol you obviously have never understood much case law or sat in on court cases; and you are not “trained in law” because you would know that a violent suspect that has assaulted officers and stolen a weapon and is actively using said weapon against them constitutes a threat of death or serious physical injury to the officers and others

Well I promise you this. I know more about case law than you do. And I would venture to guess that the District Attorney in Atlanta also knows more case law than you do. Shutting someone in the back as their running away is not going to help the defense. Also, the fact he kicked him in the head after he shot him three (3) times is going to make this look a lot more than some self defense. The good news is our citizens will decide his fate, care to make a wager on whether he is found guilty?

For as long as I can remember UT colors were orange & White, I have been a vol fan for over 50 years and have always supported the vols good & bad. I don't like the idea of black uniforms but once a year I can live with. Supporting black lives matter will lose me. UT can donate or support many good causes but black lives matter are a branch of the democrat far left. Why can't we support ALL LIVES MATTER. I love the vols but refuse to support them if they support such a racist group like blackl lives matter.
All lives matter SMH. Still head in the sand I see. I know it's only been 4 or 5 YEARS...so you had plenty of time to end your ignorance, but let's see if a simple cartoon can make sense of this to you...super cheesy yes I know. But saw it today and it explains it half decently.

IMG_20200618_190047.jpg

Reactions: RobertPellitt
Nuance and reading comprehension are two things that do not exist on Vol Nation. Or really any social media/discussion-based platform. People saw the phrase "Black Lives Matter" and decided that it was time to get angry.

Honestly, to those that say they are no longer going to support the University of Tennessee and our student athletes over this then good riddance. You were never a fan to begin with if this is what causes you to leave.
It’s the dumbest thing ever. It’s comical that people think that the school is too stupid to vet whoever they’re sending money to and think they’re going to give money to ANTIFA or something.

Last edited:
The only people who see this as something to divide rather than unite are those who are willfully ignoring the fact that the donation of this money is both A) completely voluntary and B) not going to "Black Lives Matter" but other charitable organizations that have yet to be announced.

You would think the idea of supporting black Americans wouldn't be so controversial. The players came to Pruitt and asked him for his support. Pruitt being the leader of men he is obliged. This is a GOOD thing people. If you're going to cheer and support our majority black student athletes on the field as they put their blood, sweat, and tears on the line for wins in a football game, at the very least you can allow the student athletes to have their voices heard even if you don't support the movement (which is perfectly reasonable).
Racism is in every nationality not just against blacks.
I am white and have been in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods and been treated very poorly ( called a lot of names I wish not to repeat). Have daughters that have been told things from races that shouldn’t have been said to them.
Work with people from different races that talk and call white women very bad names.
If this isn’t racism I don’t know what is.Yet you don’t hear anything about this in the news.
Do whites have a TV channel just for whites?
Isn’t the state lottery there to support all races that are under privileged?

well they support defunding the police for one thing. It's right there on their website.
And? Defunding is not a bad thing when the govt/police have become militant and overbearing. It does not mean "no police" obviously (or this should be obvious).

Reactions: Purple Tiger
I am 100% White and I support defunding police for better programs that help with violence. What does color of your skin have to do with that concept?
you can support whatever you want but most of America isn't going to get behind that. I live in Memphis TN and defunding the police is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. 90% of the murders here are black on black crime. I guess social workers are what the inner city people will be calling when the local gang bangers unleash a clip that kills 3 people. Brilliant

Last edited:
Reactions: TBvol
And? Defunding is not a bad thing when the govt/police have become militant and overbearing. It does not mean "no police" obviously (or this should be obvious).
Im sorry sir but i respectfully disagree. I'm in one of the murder capitals of the US. We are already under budgted and under staffed. Even our BLACK police chief says this is stupid. Maybe u live in Mayberry or something

VN Store

Back