Black jerseys to be auctioned (merged)

Another example of deer park being wrong about our uniforms. He’s been saying this wouldn’t happen. Remember before the Nike switch when he talked for months about how awful our number font was and compared it to Syracuse’s? Classic DeerPark. Don’t @ me.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
What’s the precedent for the athletic department supporting a political organization. Let alone one that advocates for the abolishment of police, legalization of sex work, and the destruction of the family unit. Does the AD now have a stance on these issues?

Another example of deer park being wrong about our uniforms. He’s been saying this wouldn’t happen. Remember before the Nike switch when he talked for months about how awful our number font was and compared it to Syracuse’s? Classic DeerPark. Don’t @ me.

To be fair, I don't think that DeerPark could have envisioned what happened in this country over the last month. If black jerseys happen on November 7th, and I'm assuming they will, this is definitely a huge exception granted by Nike that wouldn't have been permitted under "normal" circumstances.

Well in defense...I don’t think anyone was expecting the racial divide and issues we are facing right now. Sometimes issues cause for a complete 180 on previous statements.

It hasn’t exactly been confirmed yet.

Since a gift to black lives matter organization is an indirect contribution to the democratic political candidates VERIFY: Do Black Lives Matter donations go to democratic campaigns? (and I mean indirect only by having a payment processor who makes it so BLM can keep its non-profit status) is the team going to be raising money for Republican candidates as well? Not sure why the boosters would be backing this much at all.

How about instead of giving it to progressive political activists, the funds could go to supporting a scholarship fund for low income black students in the stem and business disciplines - since these things will actually make a difference with things that matter in real black lives - instead of virtue signaling and funding the very people who are responsible for the problem.

What’s the precedent for the athletic department supporting a political organization. Let alone one that advocates for the abolishment of police, legalization of sex work, and the destruction of the family unit. Does the AD now have a stance on these issues?

I understand some of what Pruitt is doing is self preservation. That said, he needs to do a little guiding of his naive young men.

I don't know how I feel about the decision, but I do think openly inviting politics and political stances into the football program is an interesting choice. Well, I have some words other than interesting, but that's okay, for now we'll stick with that one.

Since a gift to black lives matter organization is an indirect contribution to the democratic political candidates VERIFY: Do Black Lives Matter donations go to democratic campaigns? (and I mean indirect only by having a payment processor who makes it so BLM can keep its non-profit status) is the team going to be raising money for Republican candidates as well? Not sure why the boosters would be backing this much at all.

How about instead of giving it to progressive political activists, the funds could go to supporting a scholarship fund for low income black students in the stem and business disciplines - since these things will actually make a difference with things that matter in real black lives - instead of virtue signaling and funding the very people who are responsible for the problem.

It's called Pandering, and frankly, It's not a good look. Maybe Pruitt just doesn't understand ? Or he is getting some bad advice. Coaches really need to straddle the fence on this one, look after their players, but don't go Political. Too many enemies to be made either way.

VN Store

Back