Black jerseys to be auctioned (merged)

Lasting change will come when the CommUnity organizes their vote, and thier dollar, and realize your local and state elections are just as important, if not more so, than the presidential election. We waste too many resources on stuff that doesn't matter, in a broad sense. It would be a better return on my investment to ensure everyone in my CommUnity is registered to vote, or learns about economic empowerment, than try to convince people that issues are real. Change is here, like it or not.

As long as you support local decisions in communities regardless of their demographic makeup, then that position is fine. Unfortunately what I find from most folks using the rhetoric above is that they're only good with that stance in the communities that have the demographics that will support your social and political agenda. Communities that vote otherwise are accused of being systemically racist and required to change.

1. I did not direct this polemic toward you Robert, nor do I have any idea of your political party. If I intimated that somehow, I ask your forbearance as it was not my intent.
2. I do not assume "all or virtually all black people living in impoverished areas are also Democrats" - this cannot be in question as voter registration roles are unambiguous. Also, I do not assume they "vote only for White Democrats that basically use and abuse them". Quite the opposite, many of their leaders that are using and abusing them are also minorities. Who has run these cities for the last 50 years? And as far as I am aware, middle class suburban white people (or black either for that matter) are not going into the inner city and turning it into places of poverty and crime any more than they do that to the (much closer) trailer park.

In no way do I discount that racism is real. I have seen it all over the world among all ethnicity and almost all cases have an economic core. Only in America are we so arrogant as to think only "relatively white skinned" Americans can be racist. As I continue to tell my son, however, continuing to blame someone else for your current situation, keeps you a perpetual victim, a slave even - like the circus animal who has been caged so long that they cannot escape even if the doors were no longer there.

Yet people cannot continue to blame others for where they find themselves on a consistent basis. When I want to make my world better, I first start with my own self, in my own house and then seek to perform beneficial actions in my own neighborhood. If everyone would do that, irrespective of race, the world would be a much better place.

Again the purpose of this thread was about black jerseys to support BLM and a financial donation to a group that supports the eradication of institutional racism. Your thoughts are based on people helping themselves rather than blaming others. That is an issue of social welfare not one of social justice. Whole different topic and issue all together. The purpose of this decision by the Football Team, Coach Pruitt, Coach Fulmer and the UTAD is about equal treatment and protesting police brutality as it relates to African American males. And yes, you can blame people for that. That has nothing to do with "circus animals" (which candidly I find a very strange and offensive analogy) it has to do with the government generally abusing the rights of minorities.

If UT Football sticks with this idea, I am done with the Vols and UT.

Black Lives Matter is a radical leftist communist organization that is anti-white racist and anti-America. They are a worldwide leftist group that is using phony racism as a cover for their communist goals. I am done with professional sports and I figured it was just a matter of time before this came to the Vols. No problem to dump them like a turd.

Black Lives Matter is a radical leftist communist organization that is anti-white racist and anti-America. They are a worldwide leftist group that is using phony racism as a cover for their communist goals. I am done with professional sports and I figured it was just a matter of time before this came to the Vols. No problem to dump them like a turd.
Bye!

Reactions: k-town_king
Bye to you as well. Some of you folks are in for a very rude awakening when the left takes over America, but hey it was all worth it for the Vols.
What is the quote that I hear so often.... "Love it, or Leave it." Same could be said for this University, this Athletic Department, this Coaching Staff, Neyland Stadium and especially this Team.

Again the purpose of this thread was about black jerseys to support BLM and a financial donation to a group that supports the eradication of institutional racism.

Heh, I am pretty sure they support more than just the eradication of institutional racism (whatever that entails), and I am also pretty sure that's why so many people are hesitant to support the University of Tennessee donating money directly to them.

As long as you support local decisions in communities regardless of their demographic makeup, then that position is fine. Unfortunately what I find from most folks using the rhetoric above is that they're only good with that stance in the communities that have the demographics that will support your social and political agenda. Communities that vote otherwise are accused of being systemically racist and required to change.
That's just it. I don't know why this isn't seen as a societal issue, take the BLM moniker off and any political bias either side may have. If someone told me they were struggling, or hurting, I wouldn't jump to "that's not my problem", or because "it doesn't effect me it's not an issue". I see BLM as bringing awareness to a societal issue. I guarantee that if the leadership on any side actually sat down and hashed $hit out ?! We'd all come out on top.

Heh, I am pretty sure they support more than just the eradication of institutional racism (whatever that entails), and I am also pretty sure that's why so many people are hesitant to support the University of Tennessee donating money directly to them.
If you don't know what institutional racism entails, I don't have the time or energy to explain to you what is going on in America and with the University of Tennessee Football team. Just dig deeper and stick your head a little further down. The world will be a better place when you pull it back out.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Interesting you bring this up. Just the other day, I spent some time researching this very topic in regards to leadership in cities with severe social economic issues. It was an attempt at trying to determine if political leadership might/could have anything to do with what is going on in some of these communities. Now this was only in regards to the "big" cities we're seeing so much turmoil in. But these dates are indeed accurate, folks are welcome to double check me.
Atlanta—1879
Chicago—1931
Baltimore—1967
Detroit—1962
New Orleans—1872
Pittsburgh—1934
Seattle—1946
Philadelphia—1952
Does anyone know what the year represents for each city.

The morality of black people not being killed by police while being arrested for a crime that does not invoke capital punishment. Are you wanting to know about that morality?

I thought everyone was against cops killing people like they did Floyd . So your saying that these people speaking out about the org BLM have no morality?

Reactions: jaybird_1981
If you don't know what institutional racism entails, I don't have the time or energy to explain to you what is going on in America and with the University of Tennessee Football team. Just dig deeper and stick your head a little further down. The world will be a better place when you pull it back out.

The part in quotes referred to whatever people believe is necessary to "eradicate institutional racism," which is a vague goal. What does that encompass? How is it accomplished? One person's definition of institutional racism is not the next person's. Some people have very radical views of what eradicating institutional racism entails, and others are far more reserved. Which is why I used the word entail, because the consequences are very different depending on the goals.

As for your overt hostility in replying to me, I don't really get it. I feel like I'm being pretty fair to the situation. But whatever.

Interesting you bring this up. Just the other day, I spent some time researching this very topic in regards to leadership in cities with severe social economic issues. It was an attempt at trying to determine if political leadership might/could have anything to do with what is going on in some of these communities. Now this was only in regards to the "big" cities we're seeing so much turmoil in. But these dates are indeed accurate, folks are welcome to double check me.
Atlanta—1879
Chicago—1931
Baltimore—1967
Detroit—1962
New Orleans—1872
Pittsburgh—1934
Seattle—1946
Philadelphia—1952
Does anyone know what the year represents for each city.

I'll bite. Always nice to actually learn something new.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I am willing to bet Pruitt is clueless as to where the money goes along with the players being clueless where the money actually goes. People simply see a cause and do no research. This is not going to go well for the university or the team if they do actually donate to ActBlue the democratic party. That is where BLM money goes.

Reactions: CR-vol

Adios amigo

Stop with the whole fake reverse racism crap

Reactions: Wadetime
Your head is in the sand. This is not a comment on the pros or cons of BLM, but it is literally a political organization.
I don’t think people are making the distinction between the statement “black lives matter” and the organization BLM. It’s a genius name on their part because they can use it as a weapon to smear opponents of their org as racist

VN Store

Back