BJ Ojulari decommits

LSU is on the rise. This won't be the first recruit that they pull away from their commitment.

We're heavily recruiting at least 3 other DEs. All are highly regarded. The commitment list and target list will be constantly changing up until signing day. I have to admit this was a surprise. CJP and staff have a certain type of DE they want for the system. They'll get the ones we need.
Different positions tho. Baron is an edge...the others are 3-4 DE’s.

Reactions: Smokeyman
We're heavily recruiting at least 3 other DEs. All are highly regarded. The commitment list and target list will be constantly changing up until signing day. I have to admit this was a surprise. CJP and staff have a certain type of DE they want for the system. They'll get the ones we need.
Yeah we're still recruiting DE's, but given BJ's size and skill set, I assumed he'd play OLB in our base 3-4 and rush end in dime packages. Like Darrell Taylor.

Didn't he announce in one of those ceremonies at the school? Why bother if you are still looking.

"Hey lets make a big deal out my decision only it isn't really my decision" .

Go where you want, but don't make a false spectacle.

BTW - I am not convinced that Gilbert it what we wanted and needed. Just some checks. I know he a physical talent, but there are other important factors.

EL ES SHOE is riding the next big thing wave this year because of great after the Ogre was just on the hot seat.

Coach Yaya will get schooled by Saban in two weeks.

Reactions: Ratvol
I cant help but think the situation with Gilbert played at least a small part in his decision. I'm sure both gilbert and LSU jumped at the chance to poo poo UT after some fans ripped Gilbert's decision. These kids are so wishy washy, that's one of the reasons I made a big deal of fans not trash kids who dont pick UT.

I'm confident this staff will ID and land the type of kids that can play in their system at a high level.

Reactions: lonelawyer
Myles Brennan will be their starter next year. Already said he wasn’t transferring. Guy could be just as good as Burrow
Seriously doubt he’s gonna step right in and become a leading heisman trophy candidate by completing nearly 80% of his passes on the way to breaking LSU’s single season passing TD record after 7 games. Could be me though.

I cant help but think the situation with Gilbert played at least a small part in his decision. I'm sure both gilbert and LSU jumped at the chance to poo poo UT after some fans ripped Gilbert's decision. These kids are so wishy washy, that's one of the reasons I made a big deal of fans not trash kids who dont pick UT.

I'm confident this staff will ID and land the type of kids that can play in their system at a high level.
If he’s checking message boards before making life decisions, that Tiger Droppings thing had a few snide comments on him picking us the first time.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Would be convenient for you. 😏

How so?
That something I said would happen a long time ago, ACTUALLY happens?

What about the part where I said I wanted him to be a Vol? Oh I guess I wasn't sincere about that part?? Talk about convenience...

How so?
That something I said would happen a long time ago, ACTUALLY happens?

What about the part where I said I wanted him to be a Vol? Oh I guess I wasn't sincere about that part?? Talk about convenience...
You don’t want him to be a Vol. Being right’s way too important to you. 😏 And your prediction was predicated on him being afraid of Maurer...so it’s already crumbling in on itself. When he signs you’re going to be so oddly silent and not visibly enthused...THAT is what butchna is saying that ACTUALLY happens!

Seriously doubt he’s gonna step right in and become a leading heisman trophy candidate by completing nearly 80% of his passes on the way to breaking LSU’s single season passing TD record after 7 games. Could be me though.

Reason I said "could be"......

LSU is very high on him. The fact he didn't transfer out and decided to wait his turn is a big deal for him and their offense in the post Burrow era.

I am not worried, I was at the game and I have been too packed houses that didn't make the noise me and my fellow Vol fans made yesterday. We are getting better, we are reacting much better on defense and we are getting much better at the LOS and that is were it is won. Recruiting is fixing to take care of itself. We just need to stay focused one game at a time. We can run the table but no doubt we can win 6 if we play like we did yesterday. GBO!!!!

Reactions: m1al
If he doesn’t want to be a Vol...later. Have fun playing for LSU when they don’t have a real QB, like normal.

TBF Burrow didn’t either. He was a high end game manager last season.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It isn't over with yet. If Pruitt really wants him he will send moose after him then he will get involved to. JS

Of course. The funny thing is the confusion by some posters on the first page on why a player would pick LSU? I don't know, maybe they're good almost every year? Put a ton of players in the NFL?
It's why I have such a hard time investing in following recruiting. It's nuts to analyze the thought processes of 17 year olds and then turn on them if they don't go your way.

VN Store

Back