Bituli discussion

awaitingawin

a real pleasure to watch him grow into the linebacker spot...and a real force to be reckoned with in 2018...
I am sure Pruitt and staff are happy with this one and if he stays healthy will go pretty high when his time for the NFL draft comes around....
From all I can tell Bituli is a well mannered kid and packs a punch when he hits......enjoy his play Volnation while we have him.........so shout out to Bituli for his play on and off the field

Reactions: 19 people
a
From all I can tell Bituli is a well mannered kid and packs a punch when he hits......enjoy his play Volnation while we have him.........so shout out to Bituli for his play on and off the field

We r going to hv a nasty D this year....

Him, DK, and Taylor give us a really good group of LBs. I honestly like our dline too. A lot of depth.

Reactions: 2 people
Him, DK, and Taylor give us a really good group of LBs. I honestly like our dline too. A lot of depth.

I dunno about depth Man .. If they switch to 3-4 defense, DKjr, Bituli and Sapp can play as pure LBs with Will Igont, JJ Peterson and Shannon Ried as back ups. Jordan Allen and Austin Smith can work as pass rushing 4th LB. But thats only 8 LBs including 2 from this signing class. Dillon Bates is still here but basically we are depth starved.

Wouldn't count out Peterson starting. He seems ridiculously athletic and someone the coaches think can help immediately.

Reactions: 4 people
I dunno about depth Man .. If they switch to 3-4 defense, DKjr, Bituli and Sapp can play as pure LBs with Will Igont, JJ Peterson and Shannon Ried as back ups. Jordan Allen and Austin Smith can work as pass rushing 4th LB. But thats only 8 LBs including 2 from this signing class. Dillon Bates is still here but basically we are depth starved.

I like our depth inside. You have Ignot, Sapp, Petersen, and Reid inside.

Outside has a good 3 man rotation if Allen works out with him, Smith, and Taylor. Bituli could also see time there.

If this staff does not make our defense competitive, then we are in for some ugly days ahead. I think there are decent raw materials here. So, looking fwd to see what they can do with these guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I think Emmett Gooden comes in and starts day one at DT. Man, it's been a long journey for that young man to make it here!

I think between him and Alexis Johnson, and if Cosby comes along we will have great depth at NG.

DE you got Tuttle, Kongbo, Phillips, Piccou, Butler, Emerson, etc.

I love our dline depth.

If this staff does not make our defense competitive, then we are in for some only days ahead. I think there are decent raw materials here. So, looking fwd to see what they can do with these guys.

I’m still worried about corner, but I like the rest.

Reactions: 1 person
If we have learned nothing else the last 2 years, Vols need Depth at LB. The absolute worst place Tenn could afford an injury 2 years ago was JR Maybin and Boom, Domino effect begins, Last year The most Key Defender without a backup was Kirkland and Boom! Dominos again//
This year looks like more of the same if either, Bitulli or Kirkland go down, it will quickly be a very long year,
Peterson looks like a stud, but, he is only 18 years old and this is the SEC. Vols brought in 2 fairly good looking LBs last year but both are VERY undersized for a 3-4 scheme..

I think between him and Alexis Johnson, and if Cosby comes along we will have great depth at NG.

I love our dline depth.

I can't believe Gooden finally actually made it here. It's really cool if you think about it!

Reactions: 3 people
If we have learned nothing else the last 2 years, Vols need Depth at LB. The absolute worst place Tenn could afford an injury 2 years ago was JR Maybin and Boom, Domino effect begins, Last year The most Key Defender without a backup was Kirkland and Boom! Dominos again//
This year looks like more of the same if either, Bitulli or Kirkland go down, it will quickly be a very long year,
Peterson looks like a stud, but, he is only 18 years old and this is the SEC. Vols brought in 2 fairly good looking LBs last year but both are VERY undersized for a 3-4 scheme..

Petersen, Reid, Sapp, Ignot. We finally have depth at inside lb. quality depth.

Petersen, Reid, Sapp, Ignot. We finally have depth at inside lb. quality depth.

Peterson is only 17 years old right now, I see him more in a couple of years. I just wonder if the others have the height and bulk to play inside in a 3-4 ?

We r going to hv a nasty D this year....

If we can pull off a season with as few injuries as Georgia just did (I can’t believe it’s not a record) I agree...this defense could be absolutely good..,but it’s probably unrealistic to not have one starter miss a game due to injuries especially with the glut of injuries we sustained the last 2 years!!

I’m still worried about corner, but I like the rest.

Shamburger is gonna be above avg I'm. If Byrd comes over, he takes the other. There is no word on that yet, huh? Don't know if our offense can spare losing anyone tho.

I love our dline depth.

Do you think coach goes 3-4 right off the bat? I guess if your gonna pull off the band-aid, you might as well do it now. Ain't firing him in 18' with growing pains on D.

Kevin Bennett at DE? Taylor @ olb?

Last edited:
I think Emmett Gooden comes in and starts day one at DT. Man, it's been a long journey for that young man to make it here!

I don't know about starting but we probably don't have any choice in putting him in the 2 or 3 deep rotation whether it is 4-3 or 3-4.

Shamburger is gonna be above avg I'm. If Byrd comes over, he takes the other. There is no word on that yet, huh? Don't know if our offense can spare losing anyone tho.

Trading out an underutilized WR for a potential shutdown CB isn't going to hurt the offense too bad. After all they will be on the field more.

VN Store

Back