Billy Napier to Florida

I thought Mullen was a great hire.

He was, until he wasn’t.

If Napier is the tireless recruiter as he’s alleged, worst case he fills the cupboard for the next guy if he’s not the answer.
I've had a passing interest in Napier; my wife is from Louisiana and an LSU fan. I kept tabs on him thinking he was a perfect fit for and the obvious next hire for LSU. He should transition well to the big stage. He will recruit his rear end off. He will also have games which make you question his game day acumen. If the UF power brokers don't ruin the job for him, he will be a great coach for you.

I've had a passing interest in Napier; my wife is from Louisiana and an LSU fan. I kept tabs on him thinking he was a perfect fit for and the obvious next hire for LSU. He should transition well to the big stage. He will recruit his rear end off. He will also have games which make you question his game day acumen. If the UF power brokers don't ruin the job for him, he will be a great coach for you.

A lot of respect for a guy who takes a job knowing the expectations in 3 years or less.

They went all in on Lincoln Riley and missed. Now Napier is off the board for them. Riley announced today he has no interest in LSU and is staying at Oklahoma. Now LSU is down to there 3rd choice. Starting to turn into there baseball search all over again and they will swear they got the man they wanted all along after settling for there 4th or 5th choice.

yep, tigerdroppings is very entertaining now

I thought Mullen was a great hire.

He was, until he wasn’t.

If Napier is the tireless recruiter as he’s alleged, worst case he fills the cupboard for the next guy if he’s not the answer.[/QUOTE
Good way to look at it, I think he’ll do great at Fla tbh. Still would take Heupel over him though.

As a Clemson alum, I can tell you guys at UT that the rivalry with UF is about to flip in your favor. The hype is just that. You are in much better hands with Heupel at the helm than they are with him.

Never been a believer in "winning the press conference," but damn, this dude seems more boring than Pruitt.

VN Store

Back