Biggest Vol Fan regret

I missed watching the 1998 Ark game because a friend of my wife was getting married...to an Arkansas fan no less.

We were all huddled around a car listening to the end of the game during the wedding reception.

2000 Bama game...college buddy no less, getting married to another UT grad...got married on the day of the Bama game.

in TX. ceremony during the game.

couldn't believe that they did that....they know better.:glare:

Going to the 2001 SEC CG a week after being in the swamp.

Did the same thing..ugh.Penthouse to Outhouse in a week...Only redeeming aspect was there was one very large LSU fan with our group that managed to smuggle in a bottle of Jack and a 2 packs of 20 minis for our row. My frontal lobe was properly anesthetized in 2nd half to at least soften the effects from the carnage

I'll never understand weddings during football season.

I'm considerate. I got married in October 2015. During our bye week before Bama and during Duke's bye week. UNC had a nooner at Wake. This was important because all my groomsmen were either UT, Duke or UNC fans. Worked out perfectly.

Generally speaking I agree with you. My wife is in 2 weddings this fall, 9/30 UGA and the LSU game. These are her UT sorority sisters too, they know the deal. This just blows my mind. My wife thinks I'm overreacting for being pissed about having to go and miss watching the games, I disagree. I get 12 Saturdays a year to watch my team play football. It is seriously one of my favorite things to do in the world, so I'm a little bitter.

I'm considerate. I got married in October 2015. During our bye week before Bama and during Duke's bye week. UNC had a nooner at Wake. This was important because all my groomsmen were either UT, Duke or UNC fans. Worked out perfectly.

Generally speaking I agree with you. My wife is in 2 weddings this fall, 9/30 UGA and the LSU game. These are her UT sorority sisters too, they know the deal. This just blows my mind. My wife thinks I'm overreacting for being pissed about having to go and miss watching the games, I disagree. I get 12 Saturdays a year to watch my team play football. It is seriously one of my favorite things to do in the world, so I'm a little bitter.

Those will be boring by halftime as we run it up on them with our scrubs.

Reactions: 1 person

Not blood sisters, not obligated. Boom, fixed it for ya.

Reactions: 1 person
I regret anytime someone insists I have to be in a car during the game. Listening on the radio is too depressing.

Biggest regret is leaving the 98' Arkansas game with 3 minutes to go!!! At least I got to duck into a bar on the strip and watch the finish.

VN Store

Back