Bigger disappointment Rogers or Banks @ WR ?

Man idk what Rogers you talking about, but that double threat of rogers and Justin hunter was deadly, add in CP, scary

I don't even know what to consider that season with that QB, that TE, and those 3 WRs. But, pretty boy smoked his way off the team pre-season.

well, in 2013 my head got burned watching James Banks catch a pass in end zone against Flarduh, when it meant something. Banks had all world potential. Da Rick was a freak, but was destined to be average.

Who was Banks playing for in that 2013 season? The Leavenworth Pen #1s team?

Reactions: LittleVol
I'll admit my favorite play by Banks was when he lost his balance or something while lined up as a receiver and he froze and just went over sideways like a mannequin. Solid discipline to not move, minus the original balance loss. LOL!

Reactions: volsknx
I'll admit my favorite play by Banks was when he lost his balance or something while lined up as a receiver and he froze and just went over sideways like a mannequin. Solid discipline to not move, minus the original balance loss. LOL!

That was hilarious!

I remember thinking Da'Rick was most definitely carrying that entire offense in 2011 after Hunter and Bray went down. Most definitely hard for a WR to do. Dunno if I'd call him a bust, but most definitely a waste to end up in the FCS.

Rogers was never the same after his knee injury. He kept seeing ghosts taking his knee out again. It happens to a lot of players.

If we're talking about recent WR busts, then Jordan Murphy has to be in the conversation. Blue chip recruit, also recruited by Bama and Ole Miss. Had a terrible attitude, lousy work ethic, and basically did very little while he was here. Eventually left the team after the Georgia State loss. Not picked up by anyone else since then.

As for Banks, what happened with him? He had a great Sophomore season. I know he got dismissed from the team, but was it just for smoking pot? I don't know that you could call him a "disappointment" at WR; he was actually quite good at it. Just got booted from the team.
In what way was Jordan Murphy a "blue-chip" recruit?

None of them compares to Carl Pickens. That dude had the tools, 'tude and meanness as a WR. He even lined up as a DB in the Cotton Bowl in '89. I believe he was defensive MVP while the best RB in UT history (Chuck Webb) was offensive MVP. Good Lord that team had talent...
Yeah, both Pickens and Harper were better than Rogers, Patterson or Hunter. So was Tim McGee, Stanley Morgan, Donte Stallworth and Kelley Washington.

He helped us beat the piss out of FL in the Swamp. A historic moment for ANY program. Statistics don’t beat the Gators. Big plays in important moments beat the Gators. He was part of that equation. Commend him, don’t drown in the sorrow of what could have been. He served his purpose at UT — no more, no less.

VN Store

Back