Bigger disappointment Rogers or Banks @ WR ?

None of them compares to Carl Pickens. That dude had the tools, 'tude and meanness as a WR. He even lined up as a DB in the Cotton Bowl in '89. I believe he was defensive MVP while the best RB in UT history (Chuck Webb) was offensive MVP. Good Lord that team had talent...
Pickens was all sec & solid NFL career

These guys had neither

Reactions: Jackcrevol
How many really good football players have been dismissed over last 21 years because of weed?
It’s been a bunch!!

I gotta go with Patterson as the most talented. He was like Percy Harvin with the ball in his hands. Never seen a guy so elusive. Didn't have much of a route tree, but pure athletic ability was unmatched.

I am told, can’t prove, but people who were around at the time said that Cordelle NEVER went to class, not one time, seriously not even once!

Da’ Rick lead the sec in receiving yardage his jr year, so it’s hard to say he was a disappointment. Plus he ran the honeybadger over and drug him about 15 yards, which was awesome to watch in person. It was disappointing that he got kicked off the team for smoking to much reefer, but he was a great player.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
How many really good football players have been dismissed over last 21 years because of weed?
It’s been a bunch!!
Way too many. LaMarcus Coker, I think Morley, Banks and Rogers. Those are big time football players.

Banks had 700 yards and 7 TDs. Rogers had 1300 yards and 11 TDs.

Can't say for sure but seems like he led the SEC in receiving his Soph year

Saved a disastrous loss to Vandy on a one handed endzone grab on 4th down! One of the greatest plays in UT history when you consider the magnitude, situation, clutch nature of the play, coupled with how remarkable the catch was.

It gets no attention bc it was Vandy, we sucked so bad, and the fact DaRick ended up kicked off the team.

If we're talking about recent WR busts, then Jordan Murphy has to be in the conversation. Blue chip recruit, also recruited by Bama and Ole Miss. Had a terrible attitude, lousy work ethic, and basically did very little while he was here. Eventually left the team after the Georgia State loss. Not picked up by anyone else since then.

As for Banks, what happened with him? He had a great Sophomore season. I know he got dismissed from the team, but was it just for smoking pot? I don't know that you could call him a "disappointment" at WR; he was actually quite good at it. Just got booted from the team.
Banks was bad news. Fulmer worked like heck to keep info about Banks from becoming public.

I think Rogers was the better pure receiver. Banks did catch that Hail Mary in the swamp. Both just incredible athletes. Neither were very blessed between the ears.

Man idk what Rogers you talking about, but that double threat of rogers and Justin hunter was deadly, add in CP, scary

Come on Mose. Be positive with your question. You can say something like, "Who accomplished more when they played at Tennessee". Let's get positive again and get rid of the negative attitude.

Reactions: FïreBall
Da'Rick Rogers or James Banks the biggest disappointment in recent memory at WR ?
well, in 2013 my head got burned watching James Banks catch a pass in end zone against Flarduh, when it meant something. Banks had all world potential. Da Rick was a freak, but was destined to be average.

VN Store

Back