Big day tomorrow...Lady Vols play at 1:00 and 2:00 pm

StrangeVol

Soccer kicks it off (see what I did there) against Columbia with TV coverage via ESPN+.

Next comes Volleyball at Illinois commencing at 2:00 pm with TV coverage via Fox Sports.

Live stats are available for both matches via the UT Sports web site: University of Tennessee Athletics - Official Athletics Website

Condolences to those of you with a heavy emotional investment in the football team. What a gigantic mess.

Reactions: RollerVol
wow, guess now I have to pay to see the games...guess Dish let that slide...over 250 channels and I can't watch...whatta world...:D
at least I can watch the Lady VolleyVols on the Big Ten network...:rolleyes:

GO LADY VOLS!

Bit the bullet and bought ESPN+. Missed it but Lady Vols on top 1-0 5 minutes in! Goal by Isabella Cook!-

Starting Lineup for this game:
GK-Lindsey Romig
D-Maria Nelson
D-Maya Neal
D-Wrenne French
D-Mackenzie George
M-Sonia Ouchene Salon
M-Isabella Cook
M-Claire Franks
F-MA Vignola
F-Michelle Alozie
F-Erin Gilroy

I almost signed up for ESPN+...just wasn't sure how much I'd use it in the future.

Thanks for the summaries! :)

I'm hoping to get the video of the Volleyball match which starts real soon. We'll see if the Big10 network shares it free.

*RATS* No joy on the video...they don't recognize Sling as a TV provider although they do recognize Dish...which is the parent of Sling.

Last edited:
Okay...,I got nothing on Volleyball...Live Stats aren't even working....so update when you can...I'd appreciate it. :)

Will do! Hulu Live TV is what I'm using for volleyball! 10-9 Illinois right now, looks like we're in for another fight. Serve receive has to tighten up and Illinois doing a good job taking us out of system.
SET 1 UPDATES:
TO Tennessee. 13-10 Illinois. Got to have somebody besides Tessa taking big swings for us.

Will do! Hulu Live TV is what I'm using for volleyball! 10-9 Illinois right now, looks like we're in for another fight. Serve receive has to tighten up and Illinois doing a good job taking us out of system.

TO Tennessee. 13-10 Illinois. Got to have somebody besides Tessa taking big swings for us.

Our service game was not good last season...it doesn't look like we've improved on it this season. Tessa has a real hard time returning serve.

Good to get that 3rd goal all three by different players. MA needs a goal to go with her assist.

We seem to be giving a lot of fouls...5 so far. I wonder if the refs are calling it a little closer than we are used to?

Reactions: RollerVol and MAD
Which is so unfortunate because Tessa has such a great serve! Coulter already has two aces in this set so already better than last night but we also have two service errors.

19-16 Illinois. The block for Illinois getting touches on Tennessee swings to slow them down. Mahaffey having a good first set tooling that block though. Floor defense has been good, block needs to catch up to it.

TO Illinois. 19-18 Illinois 1st set. Offense stayed in system and got good swings for Tessa.

TO Tennessee. 21-19 Illinois. Quade for Illinois is something special but Tessa is really going back and forth with her.

TO Illinois. 23-22 Illinois. Block getting better on right side. Loving the freshman Morgahn Fingall! Need to read the setter better, getting fooled on dumps on the second ball.

Illinois takes Set 1 25-22. Two errors on swings by Lady Vols to end set. Last one was a questionable call that went the way of Illinois.

Soccer update: GOAL NUMBER 3 by Alicia Donley on a ball rolling around in the box.

Last edited:
Blocking was our problem area Friday night as well...floor defense was outstanding but blocking was really spotty.

Onlylhitting .132 at present they're at .308...not good!

Last edited:
7-5 Tennessee in set 2. Fingall getting some good swings! Serving being very tough to start out this set from Madison Werdell another freshman.

FINGALL WITH A MONSTER BLOCK 8-6 TENNESSEE

TO Illinois. 12-7 TENNESSEE. Fingall and serving have still been the story of the set. Sedona even getting in on the action with a slam on an overpass by Illinois.

TO Tennessee. 12-9 Tennessee.

Lily has been out there but it's been more of Mahaffey and Fingall to go along with Tessa today. Both have been more aggressive on their swings and in blocking.

VN Store

Back