Big day for Butch

“Coached”
Yeah, Butch ultimately failed in Knoxville and there's no denying that. However, he impacted Travis and Jason Kelce's lives. He kicked Travis off the team for a failed drug test, gave him a second chance at football, and in the process he converted him from quarterback to tight end.....and he's been one of the best ever to play the position. Travis still holds Butch in high regards as for contributing to his success. So yeah, he coached him.

Yeah, Butch ultimately failed in Knoxville and there's no denying that. However, he impacted Travis and Jason Kelce's lives. He kicked Travis off the team for a failed drug test, gave him a second chance at football, and in the process he converted him from quarterback to tight end.....and he's been one of the best ever to play the position. Travis still holds Butch in high regards as for contributing to his success. So yeah, he coached him.
Which shows the truth in the saying: There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us.

Reactions: 77Vol
Fascinating...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hacksaw
Good to know. 😂

Honestly I think we should all move past Butch but I will say the guy was one of the least liked ex coaches. Main problem with him is he intentionally tried to forego seeking offsetting employment to stick it to Tennessee

San Fran should have won that game. Fumbling on their first drive inside the red zone....muffing a punt that leads to a Chiefs TD>>> that's a 14 point swing you can't overcome and win.
Kansas City lost a fumble inside the 10 and threw an interception on their side of the field to start the 2nd half. Goes both ways. 49ers couldn’t capitalize so they lost.

So, you’re saying Travis Kelse played for Butch when Cincinnati lost to the Vols at Neyland…

Somewhere, Butch is mumbling to somebody, “Juaun was an individual playing complimentary football who improved brick by brick through both physical and mental reps and executed at a high level showing off multiple skill sets blocking, throwing and catching.”
You forgot throw in the ever present .... "situational football"

Reactions: Stonewall83
Dude landed a billionaire and didnt do it like Anna Nicole Smith. Give the guy some credit.

Yeah well let's stick around and see how it goes. Not for long I'm betting. Credit for dating Swift? Ok then. Major... I see TS as way over his head intellectually (based on her ability to put some words & rhymes together & run Her Enterprise) which will eventually strain the relationship after the magic of Football is over. (Not to mention his obvious Temper Tantrums) Just my opinion, of which we all have the luxury to express.

Good to know. 😂

Honestly I think we should all move past Butch but I will say the guy was one of the least liked ex coaches. Main problem with him is he intentionally tried to forego seeking offsetting employment to stick it to Tennessee
The man did exactly what I would have done though. Collect a check and get to wins over the employer that fired you, I would sign up for that myself.

Not one honest person would ever deny that he made the move any one of us would have made.

San Fran should have won that game. Fumbling on their first drive inside the red zone....muffing a punt that leads to a Chiefs TD>>> that's a 14 point swing you can't overcome and win.
Baseball is a game of inches. Football is a game of woulda. coulda, shoulda. Soccer is a game of kicking balls, though I'm unsure what you call it when women play it.

Interesting combination of Butch Jonesy factors in the SB this year.

Wikipedia says Kelce did not play for one full year for smokin' dope. So you could say JJ and Kelce had something in common that Butch either suspended them or kicked them off the team.
That was Brady Hoke who kicked JJ off the team. Butch had already been fired.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
So, you’re saying Travis Kelse played for Butch when Cincinnati lost to the Vols at Neyland…
I don’t want to defend Butch again, the man sucks, but there was no way Cincinnati was going to beat us at Neyland at that particular point in time. That was before Justin Hunter got hurt and our season fell apart. We were firing on all cylinders early in 2011 before the Florida game with Hunter, Rogers, and Cordarelle.

Good to know. 😂

everytime the man spoke it was some ********… Dooley and Pruitt sucked, Butch was better record wise but I can’t be the only one who thought we were getting lied to everytime he opened his mouth. “This group of individuals are called a team and only 16% of our team has been on a plane before, that’s why leadership reps are so vital” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: VolsSince78

VN Store

Back