Big chip on CJH's shoulder...

ArmyVol697

Unlike anytime before in these coaching changes, we now have a new coach with a huge chip on his shoulder. I've read articles from everywhere about how safe and underwhelming this hire was and about how CJH is in over his head. I'm sure he's seen these reports and stories as well. All the negativity, not only from local and national media but also some fans, is going to create a fight in this man as we've never seen in a coach during the last 20 plus years.

I think he's smart, actually brilliant in developing talent and offense. I'm sure he has a raging fire in his desire to succeed. He wants to prove all the nay sayers wrong.

Give him a chance and show room for some errors. No one is perfect. I'm back to being excited about watching VOL football but let's be realistic on his first year. 6-6 would be good. 7-5 or better would be amazing.

GBO!

Last edited:
We settled for CJH due to the NCAA cloud and toxic environment hanging over us.

That being said, it doesn't mean that he won't succeed here. He has all the resources he needs here, so let's just hope he puts together what those before him this past decade could not.

I don't want him to fail, because that means it still sucks being a Vol fan.

Unlike anytime before in these coaching changes, we now have a new coach with a huge chip on his shoulder. I've read articles from everywhere about how safe and underwhelming this hire was and about how CJH is in over his head. I'm sure he's seen these reports and stories as well. All the negativity, not only from local and national media but also some fans is going to create a fight in this man as we've never seen in a coach during the last 20 plus years.

I think he's smart, actually brilliant in developing talent and offense. I'm sure he has a raging fire in his desire to succeed. He wants to prove all the nay sayers wrong.

Give him a chance and show room for some errors. No one is perfect. I'm back to being excited about watching VOL football but let's be realistic on his first year. 6-6 would be good. 7-5 or better would be amazing.

GBO!
I really hope you are right, The problem is that this is the 4th time I have seen this much
euphoria generated in the fanbase. What we actually ended up with was ashes. All I am saying is that, at the end of the day, I hope we will not be too disappointed. Just be aware

I hope so. Doesn’t change the fact we still haven’t made a real hire since John Majors.

The university and many of the feeble hires along the way have not been committed to competing at the highest level of the SEC since they hired Johnny Majors in 1977. If they do not feel the economic hurt, they let the athletic department futz around on the cheap, spinning the games and results to keep the ticket sales up, while over the past 20 years the football program has been middle of the conference at best. The whole show is leaking red ink now and I'm not sure if Donde Randy truly have a solid grip on the financial havoc that is percolating through the athletic department because of the football mess. They are saying the right things, but its what they are not saying and not acnowledging that is the most concerning.

We settled for CJH due to the NCAA cloud and toxic environment hanging over us.

That being said, it doesn't mean that he won't succeed here. He has all the resources he needs here, so let's just hope he puts together what those before him this past decade could not.

I don't want him to fail, because that means it still sucks being a Vol fan.
Doesn't seem to me that you are much of a Vol Fan

Reactions: Bret178

VN Store

Back