Best wishes to our NW TN VOLS...

GUNTERSVOL

VOL FROM BIRTH
Been watching the Tornado reports this morning and saw the devastation and the death projections in KY, but hope our good friends in Union City and surrounding were spared. Looked it up and Union City is only 35 miles from and appears to be in the track to Mayfield Ky one of the areas I heard prominently mentioned. I have been close to less powerful ones but spared in the past.

A lot of damage in Obion and Lake county. Reports of a few confirmed deaths as well as others trapped in homes. Many others have lost everything, but that can be replaced. We are south of all the major damage, but it’s a sad situation for many in the area.

A lot of damage in Obion and Lake county. Reports of a few confirmed deaths as well as others trapped in homes. Many others have lost everything, but that can be replaced. We are south of all the major damage, but it’s a sad situation for many in the area.

3 deaths near Reel Foot lake town of Samburg.

Been watching the Tornado reports this morning and saw the devastation and the death projections in KY, but hope our good friends in Union City and surrounding were spared. Looked it up and Union City is only 35 miles from and appears to be in the track to Mayfield Ky one of the areas I heard prominently mentioned. I have been close to less powerful ones but spared in the past.
Spent alot of time in the area my dad lives in Paducah. Both of those towns are really close. UC, Mayfield, & Fulton are basically right on the state line

Reactions: tennrich1
I live in W Memphis Arkansas and the same Tornado hit Jonesboro Ar where my niece goes to school and about 25 Miles NE of Jonesboro hit the small town of Monette destroying a nursing home killing 2 and injuring several others”the tornado was on the ground for several hundred miles with winds of 304....prayers for everyone affected!!!

Apparently it was a once in a lifetime type of tornado. Rumors of it being a mile wide, traveling for nearly 300 miles on the ground, covering 4 different states, and throwing debris up to 30k feet in the air. I was fortunate to not be in the path.

Over 100 confirmed dead. Bowling Green and Mayfield got hit very hard. I am North of Louisville and we only have some minor wind damage. The tornado ripped through between Bowling Green and Owensboro area. Prayers for everyone.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
There were concerns, as we were in the center on the radar map, with reports of a funnel headed this way. Impacts from hail got noisy from the size, but not too intense. There wasn't a lot of it, and the air was strangely calm, not violent. As far as I know, folks here were fortunate.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back