Best win

DarkVolder

Come on over to the dark side
So of our 8 wins we beat 4 teams that finished with winning records.
UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
Kentucky 7-5. I’m guessing the best win this year would be Kentucky in Lexington. We beat nobody of consequence really this season and none of our big 3 rivals which just sucks compared to last season when we beat 5 ranked teams.

UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
Kentucky 7-5. I’m guessing the best win this year would be Kentucky in Lexington. We beat nobody of consequence really this season and none of our big 3 rivals which just sucks compared to last season when we beat 5 ranked teams.
Our best win was baby beamer missing a bowl game.

These analyses further demonstrate the damage done by losing to a hapless Florida squad which is done for the season, not bowl eligible and not practicing until Spring.

A win over Florida would have made a very respectable 9-3 season, looking at the Citrus Bowl other the bowl in Tampa and hopefully next year will bring a renewed focus on winning big SEC games on the road to get to the 10-2/9-3 level, that is what separates the top tier teams in the conference from winning 4 buy games and going 4-4 in the conference.

Success at Tennessee is not measured by the record with Kentucky or Vanderbilt or a novelty from the other part of the conference, Tennessee is measured by where they stack up with Florida, Georgia and Alabama, in all likelihood, permanent opponents for several years to come in the SEC.

In all fairness, Kentucky kentuckied themselves and gave that game away. Kentucky, like in most years, had everyone talking early, then fell apart.

UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
So happy 4 us....aren't we? Season analysis ain't wrong. Just emphasizing, apparently, the negative. Other teams played ooc games against cream puffs that remained such all year. Our OOC opponents, minus Connecticut, had winning records. We beat ky kittens there..hmmmm. A decent A &M team at that time. How many starters did I read we lost this year? Continuity helps ya know. So all things considered it wasn't as bad after we got spoiled last year thus establishing higher expectations in the fan base to self-disappoint.

UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
The real differential between the 6th best SEC team and 9-13 is not that huge. We beat the teams on our schedule and massively didn't show up for four games. That could be scheme, undisciplined play, mistakes, and certainly talent gap...and REFs did NOT help us in the least bit. We are the 6th best team in SEC...and it's pretty clear to me that from LSU on up, we're not better this year than any of them. This year, especially, I think Bill Parcell's saying "you are what your record says you are", pretty accurately sums up this team, and Milton. I pegged us for 7-5, figuring we'd lose two of SC, KY, TaM, MZ and not so disappointed with 8-4 as long as we keep building.

I agree though... think KY was our best win, for sure...at Kentucky...even leading up to that game, thought it was 50/50 at best.

Reactions: DarkVolder
I guess some of you just can’t enjoy a win. Sad.
Just expected more. I thought we would beat Florida in the preseason. I pegged us going 10-2 or 9-3 really wanted to win 10 plus game again in back to back seasons for the first time in nearly 20 years.

UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
I'm quite happy with the season. Florida is one game that does frustrate me but losing to the other three is acceptable. With Milton being who we thought he was and so many o-line injuries, 8-4 is strong.

Next year with Nico and young players with experience, I'm hopeful.

Last edited:
I'm quite happy with the season. Florida is one game that does frustrate me but losing to the other three is acceptable. With Milton being who we thought he was and so many o-lime injuries, 8-4 is strong.

Next year with Nico and young players with experience, I'm hopeful.
If we go 8/4 next year will it be Nico’s fault?

UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5

And? Do you have a point? Or are you just pissing and moaning?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
Best win was Texas AM. That's the kind of game we normally lose pre Heupel.

UTSA 8-4
Austin Peay 9-3
Texas A&M 7-5
Best win UK on the road worst loss was Florida

It’s a simple question with no animosity intended imo
No it’s not. It’s meant to show that we haven’t beaten anyone in OPs opinion. This coming right off the dominating win at Vandy. Why even ask the question? We won 8 games and possibly 9. Who care what our best win or worst loss was?

Kentucky best win. On the road, prime time, ranked opponent in form at the time. Joe's best game of the season (before yesterday), lots of great individual performances (Sampson, Wright, Campbell). I really enjoyed that one.

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back