Best Tennessee team in History

yes, because it was his fault that Schofield and Grant went cold today?

If this was just one game I might believe you had we just not lost another championship to the same team just 8 days ago. Both games the team did not come out with a passion and that's on Barnes.

how about the 29 games the man won this year? Why aren't you in college basketball coaching?

They hang banners for 29 wins? We got beat by 20 with a championship on the line (eight days after blowing a regular championship), Barnes deserves blame.

Reactions: 08Vol and CAVPUT
They hang banners for 29 wins? We got beat by 20 with a championship on the line (eight days after blowing a regular championship), Barnes deserves blame.

I agree with that thought but disagree about Barnes. I'm certain he said the right things, but at the end of the day, it's the players who have to listen and implement what they're told and coached to do.

We'll have to be a final four team to be the best team now. The Pearl team 31 and 5 is the best unless we make the final four.

Yep. This was a very good year....great by UT standards, but they aren't our best.

Pretty sure we still have an opportunity for a championship
Not to mention we’re still regular season champs if we aren’t cheated out of the LSU game. This fan base loves to crap on their own teams after ever loss
Dude, you can bitch all you want but the call at the end of the game at LSU was a good call. The foul prevented LSU from putting up a last second shot but in any event the foul was definitely committed. Coaches always warn their players not to foul in the last seconds but Tennessee did it. Tennessee was not cheated and I don't care how many T-Shirts the man found in Germany 5 years ago. Some of you fans are insane.

Dude, you can bitch all you want but the call at the end of the game at LSU was a good call. The foul prevented LSU from putting up a last second shot but in any event the foul was definitely committed. Coaches always warn their players not to foul in the last seconds but Tennessee did it. Tennessee was not cheated and I don't care how many T-Shirts the man found in Germany 5 years ago. Some of you fans are insane.
That last call was the right call. Never said it wasn’t. But the fact the head official was an LSU fan who blew his whistle twice as much against TN than he did against LSU is a clear indication of bias. Acting like it’s not is either ignorant or disingenuous. Doesn’t make you appear reasonable when there’s clearly a reason to be upset

Last edited:
Reactions: jtdavis
Ron Widby. He was All American in football, basketball and i think golf. One of the best athletes in Tennessee history.
Thanks. That was a long time ago. Best I could remember was Woodby. I remember he was the punter for the Vols. I can't remember about his other sports.

VN Store

Back