Best Tennessee team in History

Hands down!!!

These group of kids don’t quit!

So glad Rick Barnes is our coach!

Go Freaking Vols!!!

I’m not downing the players as I think they are all good to great at what they do. However this prob isn’t even close to the best group of players Tennessee has had........ but they certainly are the best TEAM in my lifetime. Got to give much credit to coach Barnes and to the players for buying in, learning, developing, and playing harder than sometimes better players.

No matter what happens tomorrow this team is special.

Still can't say that yet. Getting closer. A win tomorrow goes a long way. Nobody has been crowned anything yet.

I’m not downing the players as I think they are all good to great at what they do. However this prob isn’t even close to the best group of players Tennessee has had........ but they certainly are the best TEAM in my lifetime. Got to give much credit to coach Barnes and to the players for buying in, learning, developing, and playing harder than sometimes better players.

No matter what happens tomorrow this team is special.
Yeah, they aren't as highly rated as UK, but what counts is who has the most points on the board when the clock hits zero.

Also when Tennessee was down 8 late in the game many “great freshmen” players would have wilted or even quit...... this group of freshman nobody’s who has now grown up didn’t flinch, heck they went off. As stated this is a special team.

Reactions: Big time vol
Yeah, they aren't as highly rated as UK, but what counts is who has the most points on the board when the clock hits zero.

The great freshman players win games because they are talented; however they lack experience and are younger. If it were simply a talent “thing” KY, Duke, Kansas and UNC would win it every year...... but they don’t. Experience counts in the ncaa tourney.

I don't know anything about TN basketball history or what a "pic and roll is" . . . but I do know what teamwork and dedication is. This team does not have to prove anything to me. I take it one game at a time and just love the spirit and intelligence of this team.

Reactions: JoAllan
Best I can remember; back to Ernie/Bernie. This IS a Team.
I was a student during Bernie/Ernie. Stokely was electric. But I gotta say, they couldn't advance. UT seems to have a problem getting past that second weekend of the NCAA.
I'm so proud of this team and the class they have shown. The post game interview with Lamonte, Grant and Admiral was just class. Period. Yes this team has great chemistry and I will concede the crown from Bernie Ernie to this team if they advance to final 4. By the way, I was a kid, but I remember listening to John Ward call the games in the sixties with Justus, Hahn, Boerwinkle, England and Widby. Those teams were pretty darn good too.

Reactions: RavinDave
I was a student during Bernie/Ernie. Stokely was electric. But I gotta say, they couldn't advance. UT seems to have a problem getting past that second weekend of the NCAA.
I'm so proud of this team and the class they have shown. The post game interview with Lamonte, Grant and Admiral was just class. Period. Yes this team has great chemistry and I will concede the crown from Bernie Ernie to this team if they advance to final 4. By the way, I was a kid, but I remember listening to John Ward call the games in the sixties with Justus, Hahn, Boerwinkle, England and Widby. Those teams were pretty darn good too.
"Tickles the twine" Shot up, BANG! BOTTOM! SIR, YOU WALKED! Lazy pass intercepted by Tennessee! Yep. I listened intently. Magic of John Ward.

The game was very very close to one of the best UT games I have ever watched. I go back to Ray Mears, AW Davis and Ron Woodby.
This team is good. Time will tell if they are as good as Pearl's team that got to the elite 8 and missed the final 4 because they
could not hit a free throw.

We must of been pretty close contemporaries. I grew up in South Knoxville and attended UT from '72 to '76.

My earliest memories of UT basketball were Justus, Hahn, Boerwinkle, Widby and Hendrix.

Imagine John Ward doing the play by play on today's game.

Reactions: ptcarter
Beat Auburn tomorrow, get a #1 seed and make it to the elite 8 and they have staked the claim to the best UT team of all time.

Reactions: i2amavol

VN Store

Back