Best Staff in the Entire Country

We won't even have the best staff in the SEC East.

I'm sorry, but IF it's true that we're really getting both Cincy coordinators, he's not even TRYING to assemble the "best staff in the country". Doubly true if he also brings his recruiting coordinator instead of getting a guy with deep southern ties (or keeping Hinshaw). I understand that he's going to bring some Cincy assistants. And I am even starting to buy into the OC. But making that claim and then bringing his OC, DC and RC implies that Cincinnati was on the cusp of having the best staff in the country this year. That's just a little far-fetched to me.

To be clear- I am behind Coach Jones at this point. I'm just extremely worried that he has over-promised and is about to hugely under-deliver with regard to staffing.

I'm guessing most of his offensive staff will come from Cincy, besides maybe 1 or 2. I'm interested to see what the defensive staff ends up looking like.

Yeah, I think last year the offense looked VERY explosive for Cincy, until they ran out of gas.

It is WAY MORE important that he brings in the very best on defense. If it was just coach speak, then he will lose me real quick. I am optimistic about the hire, but he must get this first thing right, or I may lose interest real quick.

He must hire a top-of-the-line defensive staff. Then, save this recruiting class. Then, I will really be on board with this hire.

Hey vol fans why the man crush on Chaney . It's time for new blood in vols staff. Young fire pissers who not afraid to get in the face of that punk quarterback we have for now.

I didn't realize we finalized our staff already. Where can I find that link? SMH Let the man do his job first before you criticize it!

He's already bringing in half his staff from Cincy. Not sure if you've been under a rock, but it's going to be no where close to the best staff in the country, like he said. It will be in his head, but not in actuality.

Reactions: 2 people
Disappointed already to be honest...

Hubbs says he's bringing his OC and OL coach plus most likely his DC from Cincy.

Hart basically gave him an open checkbook and instead he's giving his old coordinators and some of his old assistants big raises.

Reactions: 1 person
He's already bringing in half his staff from Cincy. Not sure if you've been under a rock, but it's going to be no where close to the best staff in the country, like he said. It will be in his head, but not in actuality.

"Bringing in" "going to be" Do I really need to spell that out? I don't believe he's "going" to bring in the "best staff" in the country, but I'm willing to wait and see who he does bring in.

Disappointed already to be honest...

Hubbs says he's bringing his OC and OL coach plus most likely his DC from Cincy.

Hart basically gave him an open checkbook and instead he's giving his old coordinators and some of his old assistants big raises.

I don't get your viewpoint. Shouldn't the guy bring who he wants? The people who know how to implement his system? He did win or share conference championships 4 out of the 6 seasons. So why wouldn't we want that crew?

It's like me telling you I'm hiring you but I get to pick your staff for you.

If you're worried about recruiting, don't be. He will get the right talent. UC had more NFLers that we did over the past three years.

I don't get your viewpoint. Shouldn't the guy bring who he wants? The people who know how to implement his system? He did win or share conference championships 4 out of the 6 seasons. So why wouldn't we want that crew?

It's like me telling you I'm hiring you but I get to pick your staff for you.

If you're worried about recruiting, don't be. He will get the right talent. UC had more NFLers that we did over the past three years.

I agree with some of this. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. We'll wait and see I guess...

UT doesn't have the best coaching staff in the SEC East.

This past season, I'd say there were no "great" coaching staffs in the SEC East. Maybe "the best coaching staff in the country" is a reach, but in 3 years, I see no reason why we can't be the new bullies on the block in the SEC East.

Let's face it, UT had a terrible team this year, but had every opportunity to beat both Florida and Georgia. Imagine if we really do have a great staff on the way.

I can't wait .. GO VOLS!!!

So according to Butch, once the Cincy Staff puts on Tennessee outfits, they become "the best staff in the nation"?

Reactions: 3 people
This past season, I'd say there were no "great" coaching staffs in the SEC East. Maybe "the best coaching staff in the country" is a reach, but in 3 years, I see no reason why we can't be the new bullies on the block in the SEC East.

Let's face it, UT had a terrible team this year, but had every opportunity to beat both Florida and Georgia. Imagine if we really do have a great staff on the way.

I can't wait .. GO VOLS!!!

If you don't think the staff in Gainesville is one of the premier staffs in america, you don't know a damn thing about football.

What do you expect him to say?

"I mean, our coaching staff will be decent, I guess."

Watched the first quarter of the Cincy/Louisville game today and their offense reminds me of ours this past year. Unfortunately, so did their defense. Does "3 and 7turns into a 50 yard gain" sound familiar? I plan to finish watching that one and also a few others of their games just to get a better feel, but I really hope he's looking elsewhere for a defensive guy.

VN Store

Back