Best sports annoncers

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
That’s a good list. Those mma guys don’t get enough credit.
I think one advantage MMA has over other sports is that guys like DC and Rogan have a lot of experience in gyms explaining complicated grappling to novices. It's just the nature of the sport. So DC can step off the mat and sit ringside and speak to the home audience with an incredible level of communication. Contrast that with someone like Witten who probably worked at camps with kids showing them 3-point stances and post routes, but never related anything that complicated to anyone outside of the sport, and it showed.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think one advantage MMA has over other sports is that guys like DC and Rogan have a lot of experience in gyms explaining complicated grappling to novices. It's just the nature of the sport. So DC can step off the mat and sit ringside and speak to the home audience with an incredible level of communication. Contrast that with someone like Witten who probably worked at camps with kids showing them 3-point stances and post routes, but never related anything that complicated to anyone outside of the sport, and it showed.
I always felt bad for Witten. They gave him a big stage but it was obvious as soon as he opened his mouth that he needed to go do some FCS games and get seasoned a little.

05_never_again

My favorite current play-by-play and color guys:

Brad Nessler
Todd Blackledge
Tony Romo
Jim Hughson (NHL)
Chris Collinsworth (never have understood the hate for him)
Kevin Burkhardt
Dan Shulman
The guys that broadcast the big EPL game on NBCSN
Ian Eagle
Mike Breen
Al Michaels

ZZ13

Saturn V
Wow you all are young. Some of the best I loved to listen to back in the day were Ray Scott, Dick Enberg, Lindsay Nelson and Dan Kelly. I really haven't heard any better than them. Just as good probably, but not better.

JOEY'S ALL VOL !!!

Calling it like I see it
My personal all time favorites

Jim McKay
Dick Enberg
Jack Whitaker
Al Michaels
Vin Scully
Jim Nantz
Curt Gowdy
Ron Franklin
Mike Gottfried