best sitcoms ever

Everyone Loves Raymond
Too Close for Comfort
Threes Company
Beverly Hillbillies
Green Acres

Well, I guess it needs to be said, Rest in Peace "Herb Tarlek". You never hear anything about any of the cast (none of them ever worked again), and he passed away about 3 days ago.

WKRP was never very successful when it was actually on the air, but I do recall that a lot of people my age talked about it the next day at school. meaning, you know, 12 year olds or something. They actually canceled it almost immediately when it came out, but then figured out how to make a go of it and put it back on. FWIW. Better a has-been than a never was, I guess.

My wife rotates through them, and based on all that where I've had to watch 10,000 episodes, I put Everybody loves Raymond pretty high. Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle were very very capable actors, and the writing is very good. Ray and Brad Garret, in the role of comedians, do very well I think. I put Andy Griffith #1 all-time. Mostly the writing. Ronnie Howard really shines in the episodes where he has all the punch lines.

If you ever want to watch the absolute WORST sitcom of all time....(canceled after ONE episode)

Brits produce excellent sitcoms
Good Life (Good Neighbors)
keeping up Appearances
Are you Being Served
Waiting for God
Absolutely Fabulous

Reactions: StarRaider
Brits produce excellent sitcoms
Good Life (Good Neighbors)
keeping up Appearances
Are you Being Served
Waiting for God
Absolutely Fabulous
We used to watch this every Saturday night back in the 90's.
Mrs. Brown's Boys was pretty good also.

We used to watch this every Saturday night back in the 90's.
Mrs. Brown's Boys was pretty good also.
Never saw that one. Have been checking out „It Ain’t Half Hot Mum“ lately. Really don’t know how the BBC got away with making something that politically incorrect, even in the 70s. But again, that was the Benny Hill era too 😂

Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back