Best SEC Town/City (other than KnoxVegas)

Glocker_Alum_2005

If you had to live in an SEC town, other Knoxville, which would that be? Would your answer be different if you weren't a Vols fan?

I assume anyone that thinks Knoxville is in any way , shape or form similar to Las Vegas has never graced the State of Nevada.
Easy Tater. Everyone pretty much puts Vegas at the end of most college towns that end in Ville as a joke. Honestly Gainesville is the one I’ve never heard of referred to as Vegas.

Nashville.

Which I am moving to soon. But that feels like a "cheat" because Nashville isn't really a college town, so much as a large city that happens to have a college.

Outside of Nashville, I'd probably go with Athens. Even though I hate UGA, Athens is a great college town. Oxford also seems like it'd be a nice place to live.

Definitely Nashville. Awesome city. Knoxville would be second, if you allowed me to put it on the list. Athens would probably be third. Lexington probably fourth. Most of the rest are just little sleepy towns with no great distinguishing characteristics (not that there's anything wrong with small towns, as a Tullahoma boy, I like 'em). The hell-holes are Starkville and Tuscaloosa.

Have to caveat all the above with: never been to Baton Rouge, College Station, or either of the Columbias (Mizzou or South Carolina). Well, I drove through Columbia SC on the interstate a few times, but didn't really see the city. So don't know where they'd fit.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back