Best SEC Town/City (other than KnoxVegas)

Does the OP of this thread think K-town is the best and this is all about 2nd place behind K-town?

There is no worse SEC town that K-town. The Strip was a dump 40 years ago and hasn't been updated since then. The old downtown area should only be visited at night if you are strapped while there. I'd rather be in just about any other SEC town BUT K-town.

Nashville — best college town — nothing else is close

Not even close. Obviously you have never been to Austin Texas. Bars, music, and the Bar-B-Q are all better. And the women are hands down better looking and more personable than the Nashville Nannies.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Does the OP of this thread think K-town is the best and this is all about 2nd place behind K-town?

There is no worse SEC town that K-town. The Strip was a dump 40 years ago and hasn't been updated since then. The old downtown area should only be visited at night if you are strapped while there. I'd rather be in just about any other SEC town BUT K-town.
The Strip was awesome about 17 years ago with all of its scars and flaws. Now the Strip looks like a joke with its pedestrian friendly experience and cookie cutter crap. The Old Strip had character and fun places, now it has the character of Panera and Starbucks...

"RDU VOL#14, post: 19633912, member: 9228"]The Strip was awesome about 17 years ago with all of its scars and flaws. Now the Strip looks like a joke with its pedestrian friendly experience and cookie cutter crap. The Old Strip had character and fun places, now it has the character of Panera and Starbucks...[/QUOTE]up
dont like tusktown, but landlords kiled University Avenue strip with help from UA which made it, chain and parent friendly.... first casualty was one of best record shops ever

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Best College town: Athens

Best city with a college: Nashville

Nashville ain't a "college" town

Nashville isn't just a "college" town is more appropriate. Besides Vandy, there's TSU, Belmont and Lipscomb. Not the football chops and the only game in town like other SEC towns, but solid basketball and baseball. And it's a recruiting destination now.

I'm really surprised that the SEC offices haven't moved to Nashville already.

Reactions: peaygolf
Nashville isn't just a "college" town is more appropriate. Besides Vandy, there's TSU, Belmont and Lipscomb. Not the football chops and the only game in town like other SEC towns, but solid basketball and baseball. And it's a recruiting destination now.

I'm really surprised that the SEC offices haven't moved to Nashville already.
Toss in Trevecca as well......

Reactions: ksgovols
Toss in Trevecca as well......

Yes! They have an outstanding baseball program. Didn't mean to leave the Trojans off at all. And Cumberland just down the road in Lebanon is a baseball power in NAIA. If you are a college basketball or baseball fan, there are plenty of options in the Nashville area. Football is limited admittedly.

Reactions: peaygolf
I never liked Nashville when I lived there but it was long ago. I suspect I would like it even less today.

Athens is fine but must be heavily penalized due to being in Georgia, a state I hold a fiery contempt for.

I'll say this about Knoxville - other than family, the VOLS, and the proximity to my mountains and streams I am not especially fond of the place.

I like small beach towns and I hate winter. That was enough for me to head far south.

Imagine feeling like you have to carry a gun in KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE.

You’re a clown haha. But you’re also my dad’s age, equally out of touch.

The strip has seen huge updates, not sure when you were here last.

I can't believe you find the old city scary enough to need a weapon though, that's hilarious.

Reactions: manUTe__VOL

I figured including Knoxville on Volnation would bias responses.

Nashville isn’t fun to anyone that doesn’t drink a lot. Traffic is atrocious and it’s ridiculously expensive these days.

Every SEC town has a few high points. Really liked Fayetteville and it’s setting in the Ozarks.

Fayetteville, Athens, and Tuscaloosa would probably be my top three.

You’re right. Who doesn’t like sports, strong music vibes, incredible culinary scene, and a strong showing of attractive ladies....can’t do ANY of that without having a ton of drinks...

Rolls eyes....Nashville, and it isn’t even close.

Fayetteville and Athens get undisputed honorable mention.

I’ve only been to Knox, Tuscaloosa, and Auburn. That’s my order of preference too.
Tuscaloosa?!?! Even the best barbecue is out of town...
Auburn?!?! They aggressively recruit coeds from Georgia to “beautify” the campus...

VN Store

Back