Best Olinemen

O line has been a long time strength of ours.

In the gangs view who do you think are our five best linemen ever?

Certainly Darnell Wright, taken as tenth overall pick, is one.

This should be fun.

Go back as far as you want.

PS Isn't Steve Delong strictly a defensive lineman?

Last edited:

This should be fun.

DeLong is DL only...

Reactions: wmcovol

This should be fun.

How about Herman Hickman and Jack Stroud?

That’s what I thought but didn’t say anything because I thought his son, Keith (LB) might be messing with my memory.
Totally my bad............
DeLong did play OG, but was more dominant at DL..................

1. Suffridge
2. Johnson
3. A Davis
4. Chip Kell
5. Cosey Coleman

ooops..............

I remember a story about Harry Galbreath. Something happened or was said during the first series and when he came off the field it was said that he had a look on his face no one had seen before. I think it was Majors that said when he saw that look he knew we were going to win that game. That was during that period when Miami played dirty all the time. It wasn't smart to tick the big man off. Miami scored first and then was dominated for the rest of the night. It was glorious.

Dont confuse Anthony Munoz with Michael. Anthony is one of the greatest OL ALL TIME went to USC. Michael (UT grad) was very good, but not in the UT Top 10, IMO. Trey Smith is EASILY top 5. He may have a HOF career. He's definitely on that path.
Yeah, sure showing my age in more ways than one when I added Anthony to the wrong school. He was one of the main reasons Charles White was a Heisman trophy winner at USC. It would have been nice if Michael Munoz would have equaled his ability at UT.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Sears is a must.

Dang he was phenomenal. I remember him coming in against UGA when Munoz went down. DP thier AA defensive end was probably ready to feast on this FR ... and he disappeared the rest of the game from that side! I felt like he was better than the media and fans gave him credit for. I also remember him being a Fulmer 5* signing day shock when he spurned the Canes and the Barn to sign here.

God rest his soul. 😥

Ramon Foster has to up in the top 10 at least.

I remember him being good at UT, but his pro career surprised me. And, who was that backup lineman that played for years in GB, but hated Fulmer w a passion? Dude wasn't allowed to start, but he started in the NFL long term. Must of had serious beef back then.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I remember a story about Harry Galbreath. Something happened or was said during the first series and when he came off the field it was said that he had a look on his face no one had seen before. I think it was Majors that said when he saw that look he knew we were going to win that game. That was during that period when Miami played dirty all the time. It wasn't smart to tick the big man off. Miami scored first and then was dominated for the rest of the night. It was glorious.

Dude, I watched that Canes game last year on YT. It was ridiculous how HG handled Jerome Brown, their AA defensive tackle. One run play Galbreath literally pancaked him like a rag doll. He was a bad bad man.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Jack Stroud
John Gordy
Scott Wells
Stroud nor Gordy were mentioned on any of the previous posts. Gordy - 3 pro bowls. Probably didn't have Pro Bowls when Stroud (listed at 238 lbs.) played. Wells-1 Pro Bowl, but certainly deserving of top 5. Do you not think Clifton is a lock for top 5?

Stroud nor Gordy were mentioned on any of the previous posts. Gordy - 3 pro bowls. Probably didn't have Pro Bowls when Stroud (listed at 238 lbs.) played. Wells-1 Pro Bowl, but certainly deserving of top 5. Do you not think Clifton is a lock for top 5?
NFL wise, absolutely top 5. Probably #1.
Mickey Marvin
Tim Irwin
R McKenzie

They had great careers in the NFL also….

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back