Best Finish In Sports?

I forget the bowl game but Marshall was down by a ton in a bowl game, that was an exciting comeback

Reactions: VolPack22
The comeback by the colts down 21 to the bucs back in 2003 was awesome. There was only 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Cal vs Stanford.
How did I forget this one. College football Stanford (John Elway) takes the lead over Cal with seconds left and they wildly celebrate and get an unsportsmanlike like penalty which moves the ensuing kickoff back 15 yards. Kickoff and Cal receiving player appears down, Stanford band and others start coming onto field but play isn’t dead. Cal players lateral several times and final player runs through band member in end zone for touchdown after time expires.

BYU comeback against SMU in the Holiday Bowl deserves a mention. BYU scored 21 points in the last 2:30 to win. Including a Hail Mary in the last play of the game.

Last edited:
Dobbs Nail Boot
Also I think they called it the Bluegrass Miracle where they gave Guy Morris of Kentucky at home the gatorade bath and then lost to Saban on that crazy play. 🤣🤣🤣
Prayer at Jordan Hare.

Best Finish in Sports:
Jordans last shot in a Bulls Uniform against the Jazz in the 1998 finals

Best Finish in Sports Entertainment:
Austin stunning the entire Mcmahon Family

What is wrong with you? Your name should have been a hint!!! No Sir EEE? UT - FL 1998. Nobody dreamed that Florida would lose on a chip shot field goal Miss.

I’m aging myself with this memory. I was an orioles fan as a kid. The year was 1982. We trailed the Milwaukee Brewers the whole season and the end of the season we were 3 games behind them with a 4 game head to head series to end the season. All we had to do was sweep the 4 game series. We swept the first 3 games of the series including a double header but just could pull off the final game. That week was awesome though. Everyone in the stadium during those final 4 games seemed to be waving a broom.

UT games with crazy finishes:

Good: 1991 Sugar Bowl, 91 Notre Dame, 92 Georgia, 95 Georgia, 96 Bama, 96 Ohio State, 98 Florida, 98 Florida State, 01 Florida, 04 Florida, 13 SC, 15-16 Georgia, 16 Florida, 21 KY

Bad:

90 Notre Dame, 90 Bama, 92 Ark, Sc, Bama, 93 Bama, 94 Bama, 96 Memphis, 99-00 Florida, 99 Florida, 01 Georgia, 07 SEC LSU, 09 Bama, 10 LSU, 14-15, Florida, 15 OK, 17 Florida, 16 TxAM, 19 BYU, 21 Pitt, Ole Miss

06 AFC championship- Peyton andColts come back to beatPatriots. Also 2O15 AFC Championship with Broncos holding off Patriots.

Moved to Phoenix in 2000 and started following local teams. 2001 WS stands out. Gonzo with the bloop single to give Dbacks the win over Yankees. Beat Rivera which was unheard of.

2009 Super Bowl. Watched Cards go ahead and assume they won only to watch Steelers March the entire field to win.

2011 AFC Championshp. Watched my Ravens drop a TD pass and then miss a 15 yard field in final seconds to lose game vs Pats. Brady was horrible in that game but still lucked his way into SB. Ravens got payback the next year by Smoking the Pats in AFC title and went on to win SB.

VN Store

Back