Best Chance!!

I like our chances vs Georgia at home to keep the streak going. Also without Bowers, UGA will be interesting matchup vs us.
I hope for the best but wouldn't bet the farm on it. I expected to lose to Bama & UGA when I saw the schedule; didn't expect to lose to FL. I would expect to beat KY & Mizzou but playing Mizzou there & the way they've been playing gives me concern; think that game would be tougher.

Mizzou will be lucky to win another game this year. They’ve probably played the easiest schedule in the SEC so far and lost to the only team with a pulse they played.

Reactions: Wrangler95
We have got to beat either Kentucky or Mizzou on the road to secure a 8-4 season,that is the most we can hope for!I think our best chance is next game at Kentucky.Which game do you think is more realistic to win?
If we beat them both, 9-3 is a lock at worst but TN at home against UGA is going to be a good game

Just stop with this. People are thinking because we lost to Bama we are doomed. Newsflash Bama is better than most think. UK isn’t very good and neither is Missouri. Neither of those defenses can stop our offense. They don’t have Bama talent. Other than UGA, we win out and go 10-3.
2md year in a row they took them to the woodshed in the 1st half. They're so close...

Just stop with this. People are thinking because we lost to Bama we are doomed. Newsflash Bama is better than most think. UK isn’t very good and neither is Missouri. Neither of those defenses can stop our offense. They don’t have Bama talent. Other than UGA, we win out and go 10-3.
Exactly. Bama will be playing Georgia in December for a shot at the playoff.

8-4 best they can hope for?

Kentucky sucks, Heupel has Mizzu's number (but yes its away and they look really good) and Georgia is at home.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Let's just hope this team doesn't either.

Disclaimer: I'm not expecting Tenn to beat Georgia either, just saying they will play better at home and Georgia is missing its offense.
I honestly believe we will beat Georiga at home but lose to Mizzou on their field!

I don’t see a school left on our schedule outside Georgia who presents any kind of threat to our run game. Especially since Joe has found this new power run game.
Yes but Tennessee has not done much this year on the road!If Vols played Kentucky and Mizzou at Neyland I would believe we would win both games but we play them both on the road!!

Take a longer look at some of the game’s Missouri’s schedule

They beat one of the worst teams in college football by 4 (MTSU), they chickened out of playing @ Memphis and moved the game to St. Louis and still barely won, they beat K-State by a miracle kick at the end, and haven’t beaten anyone good outside of that. With that in mind they have found their footing, but it’s been against teams like Vanderbilt and South Carolina. They are in no way, shape or form a team we should automatically chalk up a loss to.

You say Mizzou is not very good,they are 7-1 in the SEC Conference,you win 7 games and lose 1,they are for real,especially at home!

Why is 8-4 the best we can hope for? What has been shown that we are somehow going to be underdogs vs anyone else on our schedule besides Georgia?
Exactly. I don’t expect to beat Georgia, but I do expect a competitive game, and who knows what could happen. We still have an opportunity to make this season great.

Lot of orange Kool-Aid being passed around.

I don' think it's a matter of how bad UK and Mizzou are, it's a matter of how bad UT is performing, especially on offense and the secondary. Both teams have QB's that are, frankly, better than Joe. Both games will be a struggle on the road, in the cold, IMO.

Bama was never rattled, not even down 20-7. No one is afraid of this UT team or this offense.

Lot of orange Kool-Aid being passed around.

I don' think it's a matter of how bad UK and Mizzou are, it's a matter of how bad UT is performing, especially on offense and the secondary. Both teams have QB's that are, frankly, better than Joe. Both games will be a struggle on the road, in the cold, IMO.

Bama was never rattled, not even down 20-7. No one is afraid of this UT team or this offense.
Stating Leary is better than Joe is laughable. Cook I can get on board with but Leary lol. No

You say Mizzou is not very good,they are 7-1 in the SEC Conference,you win 7 games and lose 1,they are for real,especially at home!
Friend, you are a fool. Or, more accurately, you have been fooled.

1. Mizzou is not 7-1 in the SEC conference. Now, maybe that's a typo. Maybe you meant, "they are 7-1. In the SEC conference, you win 7...." Still sounds wrong, but not quite as bad. English is a key skill to have if you spend your time on chat boards.

2. Mizzou does have 7 wins. Four of them are against: South Dakota, MTSU, Memphis, and Kansas State. Easy to get to 4-0 that way, huh? And then, the part of the SEC slate they've played thus far is this: Vandy, Kentucky, South Carolina (oh, and they lost to the one SEC team they played who is decent, LSU).

That's how Mizzou gets to 7-1. They put all their trash games up front.

They are quickly going to drop from 7-1 to 7-5 or at best 8-4 (because Arkansas is stinking it up this year).

Mizzou is not a good team. They are a team that seems good so far while playing bad competition.

We'll have a hand in reversing their outrageous fortune.

~ ~ ~

As for your OP, you're just wrong. As many others have pointed out already. Our ceiling at this point is 10-2. The UGa game is not a likely win, though we could pull it off. Every other game is a lay up, as long as the lads show up ready to play. 9-3 is very likely.

And that makes 8-4, not the "best we can hope for," but the floor.

You just gotta learn to stop over-reacting.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
WE WILL BEAT GEORGIA! It will be our Alabama game of 2022.
But, if TN does not get better at halftime adjustments it could also be a bad last few games.

It seems some folks are living in an alternate reality where the Vols just beat anybody other than GA by default. Location doesn’t matter, records don’t matter, how TN has performed recently doesn’t matter, personnel doesn’t matter. TN beats Ky and MO just because of the history. There is no unbiased reason to believe TN is not in for a huge challenge to win either game on the road.

It seems some folks are living in an alternate reality where the Vols just beat anybody other than GA by default. Location doesn’t matter, records don’t matter, how TN has performed recently doesn’t matter, personnel doesn’t matter. TN beats Ky and MO just because of the history. There is no unbiased reason to believe TN is not in for a huge challenge to win either game on the road.
No, it seems that way to you because you discount the good in our team. You think "we lost to Bama, we suck," and "we lost to Florida, we suck." You lack the ability to discern gradations in team strength.

This is a good football team we have. It's not a championship team, not that good. Not able to rise to the biggest challenges. Not there yet. But still a good team.

More than capable of handling Kentucky, just as we have something like 32 out of the last 35 times we've met--wherever we meet them. And fully capable of exposing a Mizzou team that has thus far feasted on largely cupcakes.

So no, not an alternate reality. Just reality.

Go Vols!

EDIT: correction, looked it up. 35 out of 38.

Last edited:
I’m not getting all of this fear of Missouri. Even with their record this year, I kind of see them as the same Mizzu. Have they beaten anyone good?
I don't think anyone has a fear of Missouri. I understand they have won a lot up to this point and respect that but are about to face the meat of their schedule. I don't think they come out with any less than 3 losses in the next 5.

No, it seems that way to you because you discount the good in our team. You think "we lost to Bama, we suck," and "we lost to Florida, we suck." You lack the ability to discern gradations in team strength.

This is a good football team we have. It's not a championship team, not that good. Not able to rise to the biggest challenges. Not there yet. But still a good team.

More than capable of handling Kentucky, just as we have something like 32 out of the last 35 times we've met--wherever we meet them. And fully capable of exposing a Mizzou team that has thus far feasted on largely cupcakes.

So no, not an alternate reality. Just reality. You're simply blind to part of it.

Go Vols!
You have quoted me with things I never said. TN can absolutely win either game. They can absolutely lose either game. There is no way to know how this team performs on the road based on what we have seen this season.

VN Store

Back