Best And Worst Non SEC Cities

Loved the Triad of NC- Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point.... It was the best place I ever lived. Friendly folks, clean, and all 3 are within 20 miles of each other. Also close to the triangle and Charlotte. All-in- All NC is a great state. Miss it.

Reactions: BigDave
Loved the Triad of NC- Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point.... It was the best place I ever lived. Friendly folks, clean, and all 3 are within 20 miles of each other. Also close to the triangle and Charlotte. All-in- All NC is a great state. Miss it.
North Carolina is extremely nice except for Fayetteville.

tumblr_c003f21d2fd3ac4eef7a594dce5b6ca5_a0fffc5e_500.gif

Reactions: C/O
I love the Research Triangle (Raleigh is a very underrated city IMO), love Charleston, and agree with the OP that Dallas >>> Houston. I used to be down on Atlanta too but it’s growing on me in recent years

Worst - Houston - Rice and U of H . . . Rice campus is nice, not so much for U of H and they have two campus' in Houston
Worst 2 - Urbana - Champaign, IL - University of Illinois - DUMP!
Best - The Research Triangle - UNC Chapel Hill, NC State and Duke - beautiful area, great food, entertainment, etc.
Best 2 - Fargo, ND - North Dakoda State University - Fargo is just a great city, friendly and everything is NDSU during football season.

Another question would be: Where would you most like to go to a football and basketball game, not an SEC venue?

Football - Notre Dame - the history
Basketball - Cameron Indoor Stadium

GBO
I love game day at Notre Dame. But South Bend is a complete **** hole

North Carolina is extremely nice except for Fayetteville.

Yes, i agree..... and the most plentiful and quality amount of universities and colleges in the country, from Winston- Salem to Raleigh, a stretch of just under a 100 miles. Wake Forest, NC a&t,, High Point Un., Elon (most beautiful campus in America), Duke, NC, NC State, to name just a few.

What are your picks for best and worst Non SEC cities? My picks are

Best: Tie Dallas,Tampa and Miami

Worst: Tie New Orleans*and Houston with honorable mention Atlanta*

*In my opinion New Orleans has been a crime ridden armpit since Katrina

*I just never liked Atlanta too much crime,traffic etc
Dallas? I was there for about a week when I was in college. Was just OK. But that’s been a few years. Definitely better than Houston though.

Most people leaving CA, NY, IL, etc. to move to TX, FL, TN, GA, NC, etc. see no connection between the political policies they support and the condition of those states.
Likely because it’s about the weather, and the cities they’re leaving being expensive because of demand.

I do the Chicago/SWFL split. Floridians are appalling, but the weather is great and most are too poor to frequent my favorite spots.

Likely because it’s about the weather, and the cities they’re leaving being expensive because of demand.

I do the Chicago/SWFL split. Floridians are appalling, but the weather is great and most are too poor to frequent my favorite spots.
Don't think many people are relocating to TX from CA because of the weather.

Reactions: Border Vol
I would like to see a men's basketball game at the Dean Smith Center and watch a football game at the Rose Bowl.

The Rose Bowl isn't that fun of a venue. I was there for UT/UCLA in 97. The seat angles suck, not nearly steep enough. Got pelted with ice by UCLA fans. Weather was comfortable and scenery was nice, though.

Most people leaving CA, NY, IL, etc. to move to TX, FL, TN, GA, NC, etc. see no connection between the political policies they support and the condition of those states.

It's always about politics to some people. Just another point to score.

Grand Rapids, MI. Great hospitals, legal weed, cheap cost of living, and so much great hunting and fishing in under an hour's drive. And the paçzki and perogies in the Polish quarter... Oh man...

That’s not to prop up Fayetteville, but as long as you stay away from the black listed streets, you’re not in that much danger. And who could hate on Sharkys?
Or Ricks lounge back in 90s. Was taken there for 21st bday. Never went back. There was a reason we had an Er set up on 3rd floor of Carentan st barracks. On weekends.

I've admittedly not read all the posts, but if it hasn't been mentioned before: Pittsburgh is a cool place. Great German and east European food, good beer, nice spot along the water, and the people (at least those who I encountered there) were genuinely friendly and kind folks...think of a Yankee-fied Knoxville, kinda, sorta...

I would call the Californians who move locusts, but at least locusts know they’re ruining everything. That being said, I enjoyed my time in San Diego. I would move there in an instant if I had a trust fund.

Best: Asheville, Charleston, and Denver for me.

Worst: Birmingham, Dallas, and Newport, TN!

Not including these on any list, but:
Cleveland - Actually pretty cool city and great weather in the summer.
Miami - Cool to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Pretty rundown, sketchy, and felt more unsafe there--and I lived in Memphis at the time!
St. Louis - Pretty blah and just seems like there are 30 different small suburbs surrounding the city. Sugarfire BBQ, though, is completely legit and worth a visit alone.

Best: Asheville, Charleston, and Denver for me.

Worst: Birmingham, Dallas, and Newport, TN!

Not including these on any list, but:
Cleveland - Actually pretty cool city and great weather in the summer.
Miami - Cool to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Pretty rundown, sketchy, and felt more unsafe there--and I lived in Memphis at the time!
St. Louis - Pretty blah and just seems like there are 30 different small suburbs surrounding the city. Sugarfire BBQ, though, is completely legit and worth a visit alone.
Try a drive through East St. Louis;):D:eek:

VN Store

Back