Behavior Saturday

And if we win, I hope the goal posts stay upright. Not a fan of storming the field and tearing things up.

I disagree. Let the fans and enjoy and charge the field and tear the suckers downs! It’s time for the fan base to be excited and allow the students to let loose for us older fans. It’s been 16 yrs! Let them enjoy and have fun.

My experiences were the exact opposite. Always a "good game" and "have a great rest of the season". We rarely beat them so maybe that's why the fans were so nice?
This. It’s like Georgia fans too within the last few years. They’re “nice” until it looks like we might actually have a team that can beat them.

Alabama used to be some of the best fans to be around (Legion Field days) but this younger bunch is trash.

Yup, the old school Bammers are actually decent. They know their CFB history and respect the game. Possibly annoying at times, but they know they are on a magical run and someday it will all come crashing down.

The Bammers since 2007 are insufferable

We are going to have a TON of people watching this game Saturday. Many cheering us on too who don’t normally tune in. Hopefully we can keep the mustard and golf balls to ourselves this time

I hope Neyland is the loudest it’s ever been but I hope that our fans show class in all situations. I used to go to Bryant Denny to watch us play years ago until their fanbase got rude and out of control. My half brother who is a big Alabama fan will not go to big games there anymore. He said he felt unsafe the year LSU beat them there on some controversial calls. He said there were fights everywhere and that was it for him. I hope that’s never the case at Neyland.
Disagree, let’s be on our worst behavior. Screw any Gumps who decide to go to the game and especially those living in Tennessee.

We saw three fights last year at Kentucky. I get all teams have their crap fans, but it starts to become a safety issue just to go to a football game.

Yep. The behavior in general at big games is starting to become unbearable. It's like for a cupcake opponent we can all sit and eat Hebrew National hot dogs and sing kumbuya together, but for big games we have to make assholes out of ourselves? Saw someone on Twitter saying it wouldn't be safe to have kids at the UF game. After my experience at the Ole Miss game last year (and I'm not even talking about the trash throwing incident), I would tend to agree with that sentiment but they were saying it as if it was a good thing. It didn't used to be that way, and I don't think the changing atmosphere at big games is anything to be proud of. Like you can't be loud without making an ******* out of yourself? I'm pretty sure Neyland hasn't gotten any louder over the years. I hope it's so loud in that place Saturday that people's eardrums burst. I also hope people behave. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

As for tearing down the goalposts, I was hoping it wouldn't happen against UF (thankfully cooler heads prevailed) but if we win Saturday I'm all for it. Tear those suckers down. Fifteen years is a long damn time.

I disagree. Let the fans and enjoy and charge the field and tear the suckers downs! It’s time for the fan base to be excited and allow the students to let loose for us older fans. It’s been 16 yrs! Let them enjoy and have fun.
Nothing wrong with disagreeing, I respect your opinion.

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back