Beckeith [Dee Beckwith]

hes just no good enough to play. stop giving in to the Recruiting services when they are "impressed" with a kids size and so called athletic ability.

99% of posters here have never played D-1 ball and don't know what it's like, but yet feel comfortable enough to tell this young man what He is or isn't, and what He should or shouldn't be doing. He's been on campus for a year, and y'all are ready to write Him off. You suck as a human being.

Don't be judgemental now.

Reactions: UTvol1fn
Maybe he would be better Linebacker. Sometimes people don’t like getting hit but much rather deliver the punishment.
I used to be the opposite, it was very difficult for me to break down and try to tackle a moving object; especially slippery quick guys. I couldn't snap into that mindset of destroying people on the defensive side (A lot of people can though lol). It was much easier for me to absorb a blow I knew or did not know was coming especially at tight/wide receiver.

What did i miss? He get blown up on a play or something?
What happened is that nothing has happened for him. He looks good in the uniform and people wonder if/when he'll finally start seeing the field.

I think coaches looking at transfer portal possibilities would take a dim view of anyone who could not gain playing time on a depleted roster that is playing walkons ahead of you. Did Tee Hodge get picked up by another team at all? It is one thing to be stuck behind a load of talent - another to show less than nothing at a D-1 level on a depleted roster. The option of transferring down a level or two is always there. Carson-Newman picked up a number of Vol castoffs when Ken Sparks was there and some played well. Of course if a guy stays the course, the light can come on and he turns into a productive player by his junior year. This is big boy football and you know that Heupel and Jerry Mack will find some quality running backs to shore up the limited quality numbers at that position.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
99% of posters here have never played D-1 ball and don't know what it's like, but yet feel comfortable enough to tell this young man what He is or isn't, and what He should or shouldn't be doing. He's been on campus for a year, and y'all are ready to write Him off. You suck as a human being.
Bro..have you been a D-1 human being??

I think coaches looking at transfer portal possibilities would take a dim view of anyone who could not gain playing time on a depleted roster that is playing walkons ahead of you. Did Tee Hodge get picked up by another team at all? It is one thing to be stuck behind a load of talent - another to show less than nothing at a D-1 level on a depleted roster. The option of transferring down a level or two is always there. Carson-Newman picked up a number of Vol castoffs when Ken Sparks was there and some played well. Of course if a guy stays the course, the light can come on and he turns into a productive player by his junior year. This is big boy football and you know that Heupel and Jerry Mack will find some quality running backs to shore up the limited quality numbers at that position.
Sparks won a lot of games with cast-off Tennessee players. He was very fortunate to have the opportunities to pick up players from Tennessee.

But I stayed at Holiday Inn before.

Yeah he got the last carry of the game and he got hammered by the LB lol… it’s happened to every Rb but it was just telling as to why he is so low on the depth chart…
Just watched it... yikes. It looked like he was running hard too.

Why is anyone mentioning Derrick Henry’s name in association with Beckwith? He is absolutely NOTHING like Henry. Nit even in the same stratosphere.

Not sure what happened to the kid.

He looked better than Jabari Small in their limited carries against Vandy last year.

I really thought he was going to be a multi threat offensive weapon.

Not sure what happened to the kid.

He looked better than Jabari Small in their limited carries against Vandy last year.

I really thought he was going to be a multi threat offensive weapon.
Still technically a freshman due to free Covid year… if he stays and buys into the program I’m sure he can still be a very good player here for us especially with this staff in a utility type role… wildcat Qb/Rb/TE/Wr I think he can do well with his size and skill set but he needs to buy in and put in the work required…

I'm asking sincerely, not challenging you: What is it about him that you like?

I've gotten the impression that a lot of fans like him because he makes a very impressive front half of a bubblegum card, and they think all he needs is playing time to fill out the back of the card.

But pro or con, all I read is conjecture. No one has put into print what kind of young man he is, and what he brings to these next-level challenges.
It wasn’t about the weight and height that I like about him. No, it hasn’t been anything much about him, character wise, but there has been that he hasn’t given up. It seems to be that way. He has been hanging around, and if he doesn’t transfer, then I think he will slowly rise to the expectations that I have of this young man has been very high. I still believe in him, that he is going to take off sooner or later.

Reactions: BruisedOrange

VN Store

Back