Beckeith [Dee Beckwith]

The eye test says he doesn’t run with any authority. We will get the runningback we need eventually. GBO! Going to give Smalls props for running hard and Wright is going to get better can see already he is showing flashes, he has a fast first step when he figures out where he needs to run. Whitehead continues to improve. Coach Mack is doing a good job. GBO!

He has to step up. I like this kid.

I'm asking sincerely, not challenging you: What is it about him that you like?

I've gotten the impression that a lot of fans like him because he makes a very impressive front half of a bubblegum card, and they think all he needs is playing time to fill out the back of the card.

But pro or con, all I read is conjecture. No one has put into print what kind of young man he is, and what he brings to these next-level challenges.

Reactions: bpalmer28
He might be better off at TE or with possibly even LB if he really wanted to play soon enough..he got the size to do it

I'm asking sincerely, not challenging you: What is it about him that you like?

I've gotten the impression that a lot of fans like him because he makes a very impressive front half of a bubblegum card, and they think all he needs is playing time to fill out the back of the card.

But pro or con, all I read is conjecture. No one has put into print what kind of young man he is, and what he brings to these next-level challenges.

VN is enamored with big, tall RBs. Hurd wasnt that great but everyone on here assumed he was a Heisman favorite because well,………..he was big and tall!

He might be better off at TE or with possibly even LB if he really wanted to play soon enough..he got the size to do it
Good tight ends are mean, because you need them to block. LB…need I say anything? If he’s soft as some are saying, a positional change ain’t gonna help.

Can he not play a similar role as Jacob Warren, our pass-catching TE? He’s developed into a nice player in this system. As multiple players have.

Nah I remember in preseason when they said he didn’t run hard and was kinda soft. Looks like he’s really soft because with his size he should have stood that dude up
Maybe he would be better Linebacker. Sometimes people don’t like getting hit but much rather deliver the punishment.

If you don't love bringing the contact to the opponent, then there is really no position on a college football team for said player. You can get away with it in HS where some lesser players are intimidated by your size alone. Not embracing contact is a problem with QB2 also it's in their mind and is a definite roadblock. I really don't think it can be coached out of a player's make-up.

VN is enamored with big, tall RBs. Hurd wasnt that great but everyone on here assumed he was a Heisman favorite because well,………..he was big and tall!
That was his best position. And he did good till he quit then he looked like he just quit working out to be wr got smaller and always hurt but he was a good strong back broke alot of tackles and ran people over.

There are a ton of 6'5" 215 lb guys without speed out there. Why do fans continue to think he's some sort of "freakish" athlete? He's not blazing fast. He's not going to run over people. Hell a USA defender stood him up.

I've not seen one single thing to date that indicates he can play in this league.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Would not be surprised if he goes into the portal.

What would be his market value in the portal? At what position?

Maybe for him the question is, "What are my educational and career goals?" The answer to that question might lead him to a profitable foray into portal options.

VN Store

Back