Be Ready to see thousands of BYU fans in Knoxville

What’s the total # of tickets do you expect BYU to use?

What color do BYU fans usually wear on the road?
It’s been suggested that we should checker Neyland for y’all. What’s your thoughts on this?
BYU fans are expecting to have 10000-13000 Based on early counts of the BYU ticket allotment+Alumni Chapter+Our usual road game turnout in the east.

We fans will be wearing Royal Blue, its likely our team will wear Royal Blue accent with our white uniforms for the first time since the 90s so we are all excited about that.

However our mountains would be considered "foothills" by the standard of your mountains and likely somewhat boring.

Each are spectacular in their own way. Wasatch and Salt Lake counties start at around 4,000 feet and Timpanogas is at 11,000 feet. Knox County is about 1,000 feet and Le Conte is 6,600 feet. So there isn't a huge difference in how they rise from the valley, it's more about how they look (granite and green contrast or snow-capped vs. tree-covered and smoky or unparalleled fall colors).

There is a sponsored Tailgate, but I would still rather spend it wondering around the Tennessee tailgates and chatting.

The drunks aren't that bad. Yes there will be some as there are drunks at almost every college game. BYU isn't a rival game for us so I assume that many of the fans will be just fine with chatting it up before the game and verbal jousting a bit. I am a UT alumni and have been to 50-60 games in my time. Its for the most part a pretty chill scene tailgating before the game, we usually tailgate near Clinch and James Agee. It is a fun time.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Does the carousel still exist?
Was that place real? I only ever heard of it when I was in high school like it was some mythical hole in the wall (no pun in intended) dive bar somewhere in Knoxville.

Im gonna say it... Ye Olde Steakhouse
way overrated.

I will raise the steaks (er. stakes) higher and say Ruth Chris downtown is too. Don't get me wrong, it is good but you can get a better steak at Lakeside Tavern in Farragut for a quarter of the cost. Lakeside Tavern's homemade bread is the best thing you will ever eat in Knoxville too. (FYI, I do not have a financial interest in Lakeside Tavern, I just really like it).

I will raise the steaks (er. stakes) higher and say Ruth Chris downtown is too. Don't get me wrong, it is good but you can get a better steak at Lakeside Tavern in Farragut for a quarter of the cost. Lakeside Tavern's homemade bread is the best thing you will ever eat in Knoxville too. (FYI, I do not have a financial interest in Lakeside Tavern, I just really like it).
Same in Nashville. Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Palm, and Flemming's have all been here for years now. None are any better than Sperry's or Jimmy Kelly’s, both of which have the added cache of being long time Nashville institutions that you can't experience anywhere else alon with lower prices in many cases. If you just want to pay more, you can go to Kayne Prime and skip the chain stores.

If I lived in Knoxville, I'd probably go to Copper Cellar over Ruth's Chris just to support local business. You lose a place like that and it's hard to get back (see Regas).

Reactions: bigdaddy and Lurker
If they are selling beer in the stadium those rowdy drunks and tailgates will disappear. Everyone will be waiting until they get inside to enjoy one, maybe two refreshing adult beverages and sing Kumbaya.

I am assuming this is sarcasm. Do you really think Vol fans will wait for the game for alcohol and pay $10 a beer? I am sure myself and 95% of the people in the stands will still do the majority of there drinking before entering the stadium.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I am assuming this is sarcasm. Do you really think Vol fans will wait for the game for alcohol and pay $10 a beer? I am sure myself and 95% of the people in the stands will still do the majority of there drinking before entering the stadium.
No. We are supposed to be more temperate because we don't have to front load and then switch to bootlegged whiskey in game. In stadium sales reduce drunkenness at football games.

I used to Riverside Tavern about 10+ years ago when I was in school. Great food.

Some BYU fans have multiple wives, so the numbers add up quickly

z0l15.jpg

I find it interesting that, in an era of extreme sensitivity to group identity, so many people seem to think it's okay to bash LDS for polygamy when it has not been a part of their mainstream faith since 1890. I wonder if all of you would be as motivated to joke about Islam, which allows adherents to have up to 4 wives? I realize that we are not playing a Muslim college but I think the point is valid and some of you need to think about the message you're putting out there and what it says about us.

I'm all for them selling beer in the stadium and I said that in my first several posts on the subject. 100% for. If they'd asked for my advice I'd said he'll yes, go for it.

I also said I can understand the people with kids being concerned with beer being spilled on them or other occurrences, whatever they may be. Lol, chit hit the fan.

Evidently if a parent is concerned about beer being sold at a college football game with 100,000 plus people cramed in all together, they are hypocrites if they take those same kids to a restaurant that serves alcohol or Disneyland where beer is served, because they are practically the same thing.

VN Store

Back