Be Ready to see thousands of BYU fans in Knoxville

Spent some time out in Utah as well.

Gotta be honest. Nicest people out there I’ve ever encountered in the United States. Extremely clean and up kept state.

It’s the kind of place that you can go to a McDonald’s at like 330am on a backroad exit with 1 person working there and your order will be perfect and the person working there will be the brightest, pep-iest person on planet earth and as friendly as can be.
Definitely the most courteous drivers I've encountered anywhere! They even use turn signals & don't honk when you make a stupid move. Loved SLC & got my ancestry thing going at the Mormon Temple. National Parks there are awesome.

Never been to a Stones concert. Before my time old timer.

Didn’t realize we were measuring. I’m a grower, not a shower

Anyway, if ya wanna fight meet me at the nearest Waffle House
😂 😂 😂I remember that Waffle House thread... that was epic

. The tailgating is a mixed bag with some decidedly family friendly areas, but most of it is overwhelmingly dominated by excessive alcohol consumption. Not to stereotype, but I foresee a bit of a cultural divide. Hopefully, BYU will sponsor a tailgate for your folks who don't want to deal with fried food and rowdy drunks.

If they are selling beer in the stadium those rowdy drunks and tailgates will disappear. Everyone will be waiting until they get inside to enjoy one, maybe two refreshing adult beverages and sing Kumbaya.

If they are selling beer in the stadium those rowdy drunks and tailgates will disappear. Everyone will be waiting until they get inside to enjoy one, maybe two refreshing adult beverages and sing Kumbaya.

Lol. Unless everyone has been to an NFL game, they might not get your sarcasm.

I've always thought it was overrated.
To each his own. I admit that since I live an hour away,I have not earen there in a few years. My favoriates are the ones I cook on my Big Green Egg or in my cast iron skillet/oven and I save about $20 per steak.

I'm going to shoot straight. Knoxville, despite being close to the mountains and outdoor recreation opportunities, is not a healthy city like what you have out west. Most of the businesses close to the stadium are either fast food or student watering holes where food sales are a distant secondary business consideration. The tailgating is a mixed bag with some decidedly family friendly areas, but most of it is overwhelmingly dominated by excessive alcohol consumption. Not to stereotype, but I foresee a bit of a cultural divide. Hopefully, BYU will sponsor a tailgate for your folks who don't want to deal with fried food and rowdy drunks.

Damn is there anything else you want to apologize for before they get here ?

Can you post videos of the dance team and female cheer squad? Asking for a friend, nah I lied. Asking for me. :cool:

Reactions: Obsessed
Good ole Stormin Mormons not likely to get smashed and make a mess. Lol.

I spent 4 summers in Salt Lake, and I gotta say that the demographics are nice for a white guy. State is over 90% white, 60% female, and there are many many natural blondes many with blue eyes. Lots of pretty LDS girls...

Edit..if you cant find a decent looking wife in Utah, you're just a chump. The hotties are everywhere, and they are pushed from about birth to marry up and procreate. Seriously.
No blue font ?

BYU @ Tennessee CougarTown Tailgate

BYU had 3500 tickets from the alumni chapter in Tennessee. They are sold out a month before the game, and That doesn't even include tickets from the BYU ticket office. It is likely that BYU will have about 8-10 thousand fans there. In our MTSU road game in 2014 had 6000 more fans there than their next home game against FAU (18000 vs 12000). Generally we travel very well and already have lots of fans scattered throughout the country. Gonna be a fun game and a great atmosphere. It'll be my first game in a stadium anywhere near this big. (Nebraska would be my next biggest)

Is there anything we need to know as far as things to do or places to eat that I can pass on to fellow cougars?

Wonder how many UT fans have bought "BYU" tickets?

Ye Olde Steakhouse has best prime rib in town (Just about five miles or so south of Neyland stadium). Calhoun's on the river is nice and there is live music. Visit the smoky mountains if you get the chance (approximately 50-60 minutes drive outside of Knoxville). Lots of things to do in Pigeon Forge if you bring the kids. GBO!!!!!!

However our mountains would be considered "foothills" by the standard of your mountains and likely somewhat boring.

I'm going to shoot straight. Knoxville, despite being close to the mountains and outdoor recreation opportunities, is not a healthy city like what you have out west. Most of the businesses close to the stadium are either fast food or student watering holes where food sales are a distant secondary business consideration. The tailgating is a mixed bag with some decidedly family friendly areas, but most of it is overwhelmingly dominated by excessive alcohol consumption. Not to stereotype, but I foresee a bit of a cultural divide. Hopefully, BYU will sponsor a tailgate for your folks who don't want to deal with fried food and rowdy drunks.
This x1000.

My fellow Vols will be very friendly and welcoming, but many will also be buzzed or drunk. I sense a cultural divide too...to put it mildly.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Trained at Hill AFB in Salt Lake in the 90s. Drank horrid beer (Grizzly Beer Malt Liquor, worse than Colt 45) cause the beer alcohol % was and still is 3.2% in Utah. Utah is beautiful, great skiing, grocery stores are or were awesome. Alcohol for consumption takes time and money for the desired effect, unless on base or carried from out of state. Watch out tail gaiting with the BYU fans ; Might not want to offer TN shine.

Back in my Navy days all "military beer on bases where I was was 3.2 beer. (we called it "near beer") I have a great story about "Bud" that turned up on our little base during the California "great brewing strike" of early 1963. Story too long for posting here.

Good ole Stormin Mormons not likely to get smashed and make a mess. Lol.

I spent 4 summers in Salt Lake, and I gotta say that the demographics are nice for a white guy. State is over 90% white, 60% female, and there are many many natural blondes many with blue eyes. Lots of pretty LDS girls...

Edit..if you cant find a decent looking wife in Utah, you're just a chump. The hotties are everywhere, and they are pushed from about birth to marry up and procreate. Seriously.

*books plane ticket to Utah*

VN Store

Back