Baylor Title IX lawsuit by sexual assault victim

I find it hilarious that BUBear keeps posting Baylor recruiting news, and absolutely no one is responding to it. But when a Baylor coach encourages violence against those concerned about rape, he's nowhere to be found.

Reactions: 1 person
Here comes ol' Art Briles sayin' he didn't do nuffin:

In 1-page letter, Briles denies cover-up, calls for more transparency

It sure is big of him to demand a thorough and open investigation when he sat by and said nothing while Baylor made sure to put nothing in writing. And where was his desire for transparency when he was negotiating a 15 million dollar price tag for his silence?

Texas Rangers open investigation into Baylor Bears' response to sexual assault claims

In a news conference on Monday with fellow state Democrat lawmakers Reps. Ana Hernandez, Carol Alvarado and Diana Arevalo, Gutierrez

Gutierrez also asked Texas Gov. Greg Abbott that at least $5 million be allocated from the Department of Public Safety in order to carry out a comprehensive Texas Rangers investigation.

YoakDaddy

A little bird in Austin close to the legislative action told me this....so FWIW and take it with a grain of salt.....The Rangers are highly political and oversee border protection and go as far as scheduling regular trooper hitches and rotations for troopers from across the state to provide border protection. The funding for this Rangers investigation (I've read $5M.) comes out of that budget. The state rep (Gutierrez) is an open-borders supporter; therefore, any reduction in funds that would go for border protection would further his cause of open borders.

This somewhat aligns with the state Dems agenda this session of going after social issues.

Texas Rangers open investigation into Baylor Bears' response to sexual assault claims

YoakDaddy

A little bird in Austin close to the legislative action told me this....so FWIW and take it with a grain of salt.....The Rangers are highly political and oversee border protection and go as far as scheduling regular trooper hitches and rotations for troopers from across the state to provide border protection. The funding for this Rangers investigation (I've read $5M.) comes out of that budget. The state rep (Gutierrez) is an open-borders supporter; therefore, any reduction in funds that would go for border protection would further his cause of open borders.

This somewhat aligns with the state Dems agenda this session of going after social issues.

That, or Baylor football players are a greater risk to public safety than those illegally crossing the border.

Reactions: 3 people
That, or Baylor football players are a greater risk to public safety than those illegally crossing the border.

"The Texas Rangers are working with the local prosecutor to conduct a preliminary investigation to determine if further action is warranted," Vinger said in a statement to ESPN.
If reports from Sam Ukwuachu's appeal from yesterday are true, the Rangers might end up investigating Able Reyna's office. The 10th Court of Appeals seemed concerned with the original trial.

*******​

Robemcdo

Seemed judges quite concerned with misconduct that was reported . Other side had no response for any of the submissions .

*******​

Although, convictions in Texas are rarely overturned. Plus, this is the same Appeals Court that Reyna's father, Felipe, formerly served on.

Last edited:
Kkm Mulkey's tearful apology press conference was an embarrassing show.

If reports from Sam Ukwuachu's appeal from yesterday are true, the Rangers might end up investigating Able Reyna's office. The 10th Court of Appeals seemed concerned with the original trial.

*******​

Robemcdo

Seemed judges quite concerned with misconduct that was reported . Other side had no response for any of the submissions .

*******​

Although, convictions in Texas are rarely overturned. Plus, this is the same Appeals Court that Reyna's father, Felipe, formerly served on.

If they could only get this one overturned, they'd be down to 43 rapists. :yahoo:

Same story, different day.

Actually, multiple stories this time:

Ex-Baylor Player Tre'Von Armstead Arrested For Battery, Kicking Out Police Car Window

Yes, Really, Another Baylor Football Official Has Been Fired

From the second link:

According to the Waco-based TV station, Butler was fired because he sent inappropriate text messages to a teenager. A Baylor official wouldn’t comment on the messages, but told KWTX that the teen was legally an adult.

So two guys who were brought in under Matt Rhule have been fired, one for soliciting a hooker, and another for sexting a chick who is barely legal. Way to help the school move past the sexual assault scandal, guys.

Reactions: 3 people
I am a Baptist, but Baylor is a little scary, wasn't there a basketball player murdered

Yep, and he was murdered by another player. And the head coach, Dave Bliss, smeared the victim by calling him a drug dealer in order to cover up the fact that Bliss was providing benefits to the deceased.

This may be a "chicken-or-the-egg" kind of question, but:

Do you inevitably become a giant piece of crap when you work at Baylor, or do you already have to be a giant piece of crap before Baylor will hire you?

I must admit this made me laugh. On a serious note, either their hiring/vetting/background checking process is fatally flawed, their school is built on an Indian burial ground and the school is cursed, or God simply hates Baylor.

I must admit this made me laugh. On a serious note, either their hiring/vetting/background checking process is fatally flawed, the school is built on an Indian burial ground and the school is cursed, or God simply hates Baylor.
You could be onto something there. Fort Fisher, technically on campus, was built on Waco's first cemetery. The cemetery dates back to Waco's first inhabitants, the Huaco Indians, and is directly across the river from the new stadium.

http://www.texasranger.org/

frontimage1.jpg​

Blame the Rangers.

Attachments

• frontimage1.jpg
    frontimage1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 person
Last edited:

VN Store

Back