Battle of Bristol 2

Let's play Auburn in Talladega while were at it.

See how many drunk fans go rolling down the track, collecting other fans along the way...ie "The Big One!"

Reactions: 1 person
Glad I went but that game was a logistical nightmare. We didn't get back to Knoxville until 4:30 am. Doubt I would go back.

The neutral site games bring in a good payday that is not hit by the (last I heard) still in effect outrageous City of Knoxville entertainment tax. I don't know if Fulmer will continue that trend, but until the city council does away with a tax that already has served it's intended purpose? It might be the best move.

So the payday going to a neutral site is bigger than playing at home? Somehow I need to see some numbers for that. ESPECIALLY this year's home opener.

We sat row 1 in the tower. Crazy high seats...but loved every friggin second of it.

Problem is...for me to travel from PA, I wanna see a home game. I coach soccer, my daughter plays soccer and is in marching band. Hard enough to get time away in the fall. Gotta make the most of the opportunity. And for me, that's Knoxville.

We sat row 1 in the tower. Crazy high seats...but loved every friggin second of it.

Problem is...for me to travel from PA, I wanna see a home game. I coach soccer, my daughter plays soccer and is in marching band. Hard enough to get time away in the fall. Gotta make the most of the opportunity. And for me, that's Knoxville.

Off the subject but have you ever been to a soccer camp at the naval academy? I want to take my son to one sometime but dont know alot about them.

We were up in PA for the Army/Navy game this year.

Yeah... Won't go back unless strictly for the party. The sight lines sucked BADLY and we left before halftime and watched on TV back at the Motorhome.

Sad you missed the real halftime that MSESPN didn't air.
I recorded the game at home in the event that I wanted to re watch and I was saddened to see the most patriotic scene that I had seen in some time had been replaced for some bro country from the concert the night before. I was definitely worth hanging out for.

Off the subject but have you ever been to a soccer camp at the naval academy? I want to take my son to one sometime but dont know alot about them.

We were up in PA for the Army/Navy game this year.

I have not. Wanna take my daughter to see the Academies play as I am trying to sway her towards Military. She's not D1 academy caliber, but Coast Guard is D3 if I'm not mistaken and with grades, activities, public service, she may have a shot there. She did a Meghan Klingenberg camp laat year and they had speakers talk with parents about realistic options and quality of education among the divisions.

Only Virginia schools make sense if it's a battle for Bristol. Clemson does not

Why? No one in Charlottesville, Northern Virginia, Eastern Virginia, the Tidewater area, etc, cares that Bristol is split between Tennessee/Virginia. For that matter, most people in Johnson City and Kingsport don't care.

Or people finally realize it’s just cars going in a circle, left turn left turn ect ect.

YReqy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
There was a time that I thought that the BoB was a game that literally everyone says they were at whether it was true or not. But given how disastrous that season turned out the memories are quite tarnished and given how bad the experience was in reality (and not just in the minds eye) I doubt a part deux would go over very well. It could have been a special part of a special season but alas it will be destined for the dust bin of obscure historical curiosities.

VN Store

Back