Basketball Recruiting Discussion II

We getting close to desperation with guards. I hope that Johnson and Gaines can be counted on as outside scorer because we'll lose all of our experience at the 1 and the 2 after Bone, Bowden, and Turner graduate after next season. You'd think that some high quality recruit is out there that would love the opportunity of near guaranteed playing time and a very good and very experienced inside game to complement them. Maybe Fleschman can develop, but after watching him in the 2017 RTL I just didn't see a lot of potential.

As far as the spot left open this year, I can kind of understand not grabbing any available grad transfer to fill out the roster. More experienced leadership really isn't needed with 6 upperclassmen, 2 sophomores in their 3rd year, and 2 senior walkons. Also a JUCO would make one of the already unbalanced classes even larger. There are 4 juniors and 4 or 5 sophomores (depending if ZK is granted a 5th year). A JUCO with 2 or 3 years to play is the 9th or 10th upperclassmen next year.

Why is the sky falling? It appears the 2018-19 will be the most talented team in school history. Advance in the dance and recruiting will take care of itself.

Also J. Hyams tweeted out 2 days ago that Coach Barnes and Tennessee are close to an agreement on an extension that will probably put Barnes in the $3M range. That may also help close the deal with more recruits knowing Coach Barnes and his staff are going to be around awhile.

Reactions: Special Ed
What desperation ?? Every year there are quality players available in the spring, whether it's JUCO's, surprise qualifiers, late Bloomers, folks who ask out of their LOI because of a coaching change, Grad transfers or foreign players. So I am hoping we can stop with the desperation nonsense, we are months away from that.

Reactions: k-town_king
We desperately need to sign some quality guards in the next two classes. Johnson, Gaines, and Fleschman are the only guards at this point that will be on the 2020-21 roster and 2 of those are arguably small forwards rather than guards.

Reactions: Lefteye
Now that Barnes has got his program established he is definitely going after much bigger fish

VN Store

Back