Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
That was the most exciting year of TN football since '98.
Honestly the only reason we got so mad is because we liked him and saw potential. Guarantee if Pruitt left us after year one we would have been fine with it. Kiffin had us showing a ton of potential and had everyone excited about football. That's why we got so upset at him leaving. It's because we liked where he was taking us, along with his confidence and his fun. We liked the black jerseys, the way Crompton played, him jabbing other coaches, and that he kept us competitive with the Big 3.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat, but he needs to have a huge buyout this time where he cant just up and leave.

I learned today through someone resurrecting an old thread that Tony B reported Lovie Smith was on his way. Do we really know for realsies that Kiffin wants to come back here?
AV confirmed that Kiffin has expressed interest. I get the vibe that AV and Kiffin are close.

AV confirmed that Kiffin has expressed interest. I get the vibe that AV and Kiffin are close.

I don’t understand reaching back 11 years for a reason to give no weight to information from a longtime local sports talk radio host, while trusting information from an anonymous message board poster.

From his blog today

Lane Kiffin is ...
spacer.gif
Really ... REAlly.....REALLY wanting to get back to Knoxville! He has been reaching out to multiple boosters this week trying to get involved with the Tennessee job. And I'll tell you something here today ... I believe Lane Kiffin is serious and not just flirting. I also think he's talking to some people that could do something about this from Tennessee's standpoint. Could Lane Kiffin and Tennessee happen? I'm not going to say today that he's in play but I'm surely not either. I'll put it this way ... Danny White had zero intention of ever leaving UCF

Reactions: tastycar
Everyone on here giving Basilio crap obviously hasn’t been reading or listening to him lately. He’s one of the few that have actually been close to spot on lately. If he says it, I’d trust it, unlike Hyams or the 247 guys.
You can say what you want about these guys but Tony B and Trey Wallace have been the 2 guys that I’ve paid the most attention to lately. The other guys are too scared they’re gonna piss someone off at the university and are too scared to report anything until after the fact.
GBO!!

These are going to be interesting times we're going through with a very legit AD in charge of finding the next Tennessee head football coach! The Starting Lineup on 990 The Sports Animal is talking about why everyone seems to want Lane Kiffin as the next Tennessee head football coach.

Kiffin has rebuilt his image somewhat and is a good football coach and recruiter, but can you trust someone who is always looking for the bigger better deal?

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back