Basilio saying Fulmer/Chaney want a new QB

Finally, I wish these idiot media members would stop trying to insert Fulmer into everything in an effort to create controversy. He’s being portrayed as some evil administrator/boss trying to micro-manage everything and orchestrate his return as head coach, and there’s just no way any of that is true imho.
Anybody outside the problem acting like or claiming they "know something" is obviously lying or exaggerating. However, you do have to admit that speculation about Fulmer in that regard isn't completely out of left field. Fulmer got the HC job himself under somewhat questionable circumstances. He did not ride off into the sunset on his own terms; rather, he was fired and left somewhat of a mixed legacy. Remember, he didn't leave the bar on his own, waving bye to everybody as he left...he was asked to leave the establishment. Since his firing, he's been involved in the program in both official and unofficial capacities.

I don't think he's trying to orchestrate a return to HC - I just find it so hard to believe that at age 69 and being out of the game for so long he wants to get back into recruiting, game day coaching, dealing with the media, etc., but it isn't unreasonable to speculate that he might be meddling in tactical decisions related to the football team.

Love the rumor mill but if true, it might come back to haunt JP. Chaney, regardless of anyone's opinion of him has developed some pretty good QB's and has even salvaged some subpar QB's (Peterman). One thing if you are being advised by one person on QB play, another if you have two individuals with good track records tell you that change needs to happen.

Yeah I don’t think I buy this. Pruitt may be stubborn and he may or may not end up being a good head coach, but he does at least know football pretty well to get where he is. If he knew someone gives him a better chance or if he had his coordinators telling him we need to try someone else I don’t think he would just brush it off.

I don’t believe this for one split second. Pruitt isn’t up there to make sure JG plays QB, he’s up there to win games. And if he thought for one second one or both of the other guys gave him s chance right now to win they’d be playing.

Also, Pruitt hired Chaney to be the head coach of the offense, to run it from top to bottom. Nobody’s gonna convince me that if Chaney went to Pruitt and recommended a change that Pruitt would say “nah, we’re sticking with Jarrett”. Just don’t believe that, makes zero sense.

Did you see Chaney's reaction last week at the end of the first half? Pruitt elected to run out the clock and get the FG. Chaney was livid. There was enough time to possibly score a TD. Tennessee was moving the ball effectively in that 2 min drill and Pruitt jumped in and overruled at that time.

IMO, we'll see more cases similar to BYU game and it will continue to cause a rift which eventually trickles down to the players

The only thing i can think of that makes any sense if this is true, is that Pruitt genuinely believed he could sleep walk through GA st and BYU and UTC and knew one of our backups was possibly pretty good. He’s been eye balling Florida all summer, comments and putting up Gainesville temps all that kinda stuff.

Maybe he really does go to Gainesville and trot out a new guy to make his first start. I think that is a completely stupid idea, especially looking at Peterman and how that went. But then again, it seems like Pruitt and his players are completely blind to anything that has gone on in this program before he arrived and how things like that might look to fans that have sat here for years and watched coaches make bumble-f##k decisions again and again.

But then again, he can throw out the ole “JG was given a chance, he proved us wrong, made some decisions that cost us some games early in the season, we made a QB change after Chattanooga and rolled on” IF it goes well anyways.

Even if the freshmen play absolutely terrible, I don’t think anyone on here would be mad at Pruitt for giving it a shot...
That may be the funniest thing that I read today. The next guy would be put on blast immediately just like all the rest. Then this place would be ready for the next guys and then for Jennings and then for Smokey...and on and on and on.

Did you see Chaney's reaction last week at the end of the first half? Pruitt elected to run out the clock and get the FG. Chaney was livid. There was enough time to possibly score a TD. Tennessee was moving the ball effectively in that 2 min drill and Pruitt jumped in and overruled at that time.

IMO, we'll see more cases similar to BYU game and it will continue to cause a rift which eventually trickles down to the players

This should tell u that Chaney dont have no control over offense..The offense looked the same as last season

With this being from Basilio, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance or less of it being true. He throws a lot of crap out there just to see if some of it sticks. He makes a big deal out of it when the occasional one does, and pretty much ignores the misses.

Just listened to his show.
He said that his anonymous source X in the UTAD is saying:
Fulmer is extremely upset that Pruitt didn’t get us a good transfer QB for this season.
Chaney thinks our two backups have better arms and more football IQ than JG. He wants to try one but CJP vetoed.

I know many here don’t like Basilio or care what he says.
I’m just passing along what he said.

FAKE NEWS.

Yep.
I just hope that Harrison Bailey is the answer and he starts from day one.

Just FYI: our OC is Chaney, Cheney was Vice Pres.

You really think Bailey is going to come here knowing that he's going to sit an entire year watching JG, literally throw away an entire season, and get saddled with trying to salvage Pruitt's career in his sophomore season?

I don't know, he seems like he's probably smart enough not to hitch his wagon to a coach that's too stubborn to make a QB change after going 0-2 against BYU and Georgia State. I won't be surprised if another school gets him to flip once we hit our 7th loss this season.

He’s the head coach so he gets to decide. It’s not like someone is telling him if he makes the wrong decision he isn’t going to get paid and will never work again. There are no significant consequences no matter what he decides to do. Some people just don’t listen to subordinates. And that’s just assuming the original premise of the thread is correct. All the coaches probably have a good working relationship and listen to each other’s ideas. But in the end someone has to decide. In which case the whole thread is crap.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I truly question just about everything TB says. However, If our coaches/players were prepared for the opener, then that would have been a perfect time to get the second string QB some work. Problem is, we pussy footed around and crapped the bed losing that game. I wonder if this team can take care of business against UTC early allowing some reserves to see the field.

VN Store

Back