Basilio saying Fulmer/Chaney want a new QB

Vfl2407

Just listened to his show.
He said that his anonymous source X in the UTAD is saying:
Fulmer is extremely upset that Pruitt didn’t get us a good transfer QB for this season.
Chaney thinks our two backups have better arms and more football IQ than JG. He wants to try one but CJP vetoed.

I know many here don’t like Basilio or care what he says.
I’m just passing along what he said.

Fulmer is extremely upset that Pruitt didn’t get us a good transfer QB for this season.
Chaney thinks our two backups have better arms and more football IQ than JG. He wants to try one but CJP vetoed.

IF this is confirmed to be correct, then Pruitt can only blame himself and his stubbornness for his possible failure as the HBC of Tennessee.

Unwilling to consider all options and believing you're right and everyone else is wrong will place you in the unemployment line sooner rather than later.

Not surprising if true. You can tell Chaney has to cut the play book in half with JG starting. Pruitt is being stubborn to a fault and it will likely cost him his job in the near future.

Not so sure that I believe this. If Fulmer wanted a change, it would happen. Can’t see Pruitt telling the guy that gave him his first Hc job No, especially a legendary coach turned AD.

Not surprising if true. You can tell Cheney has to cut the play book in half with JG starting. Pruitt is being stubborn to a fault and it will likely cost him his job in the near future.

Yep.
I just hope that Harrison Bailey is the answer and he starts from day one.

Just FYI: our OC is Chaney, Cheney was Vice Pres.

Not so sure that I believe this. If Fulmer wanted a change, it would happen. Can’t see Pruitt telling the guy that gave him his first Hc job No, especially a legendary coach turned AD.
I could believe it. Fulmer hired Pruitt to COACH, and that means the team is Pruitt’s. If fulmer disagrees with Pruitt on an issue, then that’ll be something Fulmer considers when thinking of firing or not. But I doubt Pruitt is gonna do everything Fulner says.

Being a coach is a different ball game than being a coordinator. Pruitt is learning on the job. I'm not a Chaney fan and not a Fulmer fan, but he would be well advised to listen to experience in that regard. Would explain why we haven't heard much out of Phil through this disaster of a start.

I don’t believe this for one split second. Pruitt isn’t up there to make sure JG plays QB, he’s up there to win games. And if he thought for one second one or both of the other guys gave him s chance right now to win they’d be playing.

Also, Pruitt hired Chaney to be the head coach of the offense, to run it from top to bottom. Nobody’s gonna convince me that if Chaney went to Pruitt and recommended a change that Pruitt would say “nah, we’re sticking with Jarrett”. Just don’t believe that, makes zero sense.

Finally, I wish these idiot media members would stop trying to insert Fulmer into everything in an effort to create controversy. He’s being portrayed as some evil administrator/boss trying to micro-manage everything and orchestrate his return as head coach, and there’s just no way any of that is true imho.

If Fulmer wants a reason to fire Pruitt, just sitting back and letting him die on the hill with JG is a good way to go about things.

Big difference in making basketball recommendations versus football recommendations.
Nope.

It's called boundaries. There should be a division of labor. If Fulmer has any suggestions whatsoever to Pruitt, he has crossed an important line. Doing so guarantees more difficulty in hiring coaches in the future. It is Fulmer's place the run the athletic department in general and he should have absolutely no say whatsoever in any personnel decisions.

Then they should start another quarterback against Chattanooga:rolleyes:

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This is head scratcher, if true. CJP is a defensive guy. Chaney is one of the most respected OC/QB gurus in the country. Why bring him in if you aren't going to listen to him?

Of course this could all be a load of click bait. Sometimes I think Basilo pulls his rumors from reading what people want on Volnation.

I don’t believe this for one split second. Pruitt isn’t up there to make sure JG plays QB, he’s up there to win games.
Also, Pruitt hired Chaney to be the head coach of the offense, to run it from top to bottom. Nobody’s gonna convince me that if Chaney went to Pruitt and recommended a change that Pruitt would say “nah, we’re sticking with Jarrett”. Just don’t believe that, makes zero sense.

Finally, I wish these idiot media members would stop trying to insert Fulmer into everything in an effort to create controversy. He’s being portrayed as some evil administrator/boss trying to micro-manage everything and orchestrate his return as head coach, and there’s just no way any of that is true imho.

Agree.

Agree it’s most likely bull for another reason. No way Fulmer sticks his head in and demands anything! Chaney? Yes. If this conspiracy had been floated with Pruitt vetoing Chaney, it may have been buyable but not as a package like presented. Calling fiction.

VN Store

Back