Basilio saying Fulmer/Chaney want a new QB

My point regarding Fulmer is that he is not a legendary coach. The 90s were great for UT, as were the early 2000s, but no one in the next 25 years is going to talk about Fulmer like they do Bryant, Neyland, Saban, etc. Fulmer was a great product of his age, but he’s not a legendary coach. That’s a loaded phrase. In terms of him as AD, sorry but we fired Jones because we were tired of incompetence and experimental hires at the HC position. Fulmer has one job: go and get a proven coach because Currie has made a mess of things. His result? Another experiment at the hands of a once proud program. If you think Fulmer has done an amazing job thus far, well I can point to two games alone that prove otherwise.

i imagine this is being blown way out of context. Something was probably said at a water cooler conversation between Fuller and a few other guys along the lines of “ I wish coach would mix it up at QB, but hey, he’s the one calling the shots” and from there it grew legs and took off. Pruitt may be worried that a q.b change would cause what few upper classman that are still trying to bow out. Maybe not but who really know.

i imagine this is being blown way out of context. Something was probably said at a water cooler conversation between Fuller and a few other guys along the lines of “ I wish coach would mix it up at QB, but hey, he’s the one calling the shots” and from there it grew legs and took off. Pruitt may be worried that a q.b change would cause what few upper classman that are still trying to bow out. Maybe not but who really know.
I think they're afraid that JG will quit the team and immediately start bashing the program. He seems like the type of kid that would take his ball and go home

Just listened to his show.
He said that his anonymous source X in the UTAD is saying:
Fulmer is extremely upset that Pruitt didn’t get us a good transfer QB for this season.
Chaney thinks our two backups have better arms and more football IQ than JG. He wants to try one but CJP vetoed.

I know many here don’t like Basilio or care what he says.
I’m just passing along what he said.

I’m not sure that I believe TB. There is only one thing that makes for more interesting talk radio in Knoxville than a QB controversy and that’s a coaching search, and TB has captured both.

Reactions: AM64
Even if the freshmen play absolutely terrible, I don’t think anyone on here would be mad at Pruitt for giving it a shot...
It would probably be just the opposite. People would give Pruitt props for trying someone else to create a spark for this team. Good coaches sometimes make hard choices. How many coaches would pull a qb having a bad game in the NC game for the backup?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
For Pruitt to have a shot in SEC play there has to be a change at QB. JG isn’t the guy. He’s gonna get destroyed because he can’t read defenses or holds the ball too damn long. If Pruitt wants to be a stubborn fool most likely he will be canned after a 1-6 start or Fulmer waits till 2-10 and decides he’s seen enough....

Tony is late to every party we have had over the last 10+ years what makes me believe he’s not only early but brought a date to this one?
Well, while I question this “source,” it’s been Tony breaking several stories over the last 18 months.

Fulmer is extremely upset that Pruitt didn’t get us a good transfer QB for this season.
Chaney thinks our two backups have better arms and more football IQ than JG. He wants to try one but CJP vetoed.

Let the coach coach.

Until he's not the coach anymore.

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Our backups haven't even separated themselves as number 2, yet a majority here think they should be qb1. Everyone saying it can't get worse, well, yes it can. The transfer is probably the better choice, but he can't play. And everyone saying he's going to be fired is crazy too. His contract runs through to 2023. His guys are playing good ball. Butch Jones' guy's are still dragging us down. And yes, we're all aware we lost to 2 horrible teams and even freshmen should have got it done. But when your playing this many freshmen and sophmores, especially on defense, they're going to make mistakes. You can't expect veteran play from guys in their 1st and 2nd years

But thing about this is that no one knows for sure if they haven't separated themselves from each other. We only have Pruitt's word, now whether or not he's telling the truth idk. We haven't seen either one of them play, so we have no idea how they will handle live action. Again it's just Pruitt's word. Guess we'll find out Saturday if he plays either one of them or not.

so that's two more who want a change...what else is new...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE MOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF this is confirmed to be correct, then Pruitt can only blame himself and his stubbornness for his possible failure as the HBC of Tennessee.

Unwilling to consider all options and believing you're right and everyone else is wrong will place you in the unemployment line sooner rather than later.
I guess CJP never learned anything from Saban and QB usage. Tua

OP. You are asking us to trust yet another media type without ANY evidence to prove anything he says.

Edit: Will you're not actually along it. It's just that paying his words here might suggest it.

One thing that was even more interesting that TB said in that show was talking to the coach who knows Shawn Elliot and talks to him weekly. Said Elliot looked at the tapes and saw how many open receivers we always have that never get the ball. Also said they saw some things defensively that made him believe they could run the ball on us. Probably saw our speed side-line-to-sideline is horrible and Warrior jogs to every missed tackle he attempts. If a sun belt team coach and average fans can see these glaring problems. Imagine what Mullen is drooling over or Kirby...hell, Muschamp and Mason probably have big grins on their faces at night before bed. Lol.

No, because the is the athletic director, not the football coach. Pruitt is the football coach. Fulmer has exactly the authority to tell Pruitt who to start as Pruitt does to tell Fulmer who to hire for Women's Golf. I know this is hard to swallow but it is just how it is and should be.
Why would this be hard to swallow?

For starters, with a name like Basilio, he's not a native Tennessean or likely even a Southerner.
Define native Tennessean.
Headdress_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: VolFaninFla

I think it is the logical solution to see if we have anything at QB or do we need to find one for next season. I know we have a top rated freshman coming in and the Maryland transfer so we have the rest of this season to see what the present guys can do. Fulmer needs to fire Pruitt make Chaney the interim and let's move on. He and JG never gonna get anything done here.

VN Store

Back