Basevols ranked 24th this week

I'll just say this

Tennessee baseball just doesn't get respect nationally like other programs. When I played, we were beating the hell out of people and it took like what seemed forever to get the national attention we deserved. However, once we did, people knew we were for real. I can tell you that being snubbed, so to speak, just adds fuel to the fire for the players. Coaches don't really care at this point in the season, but players do.

Now, I think #24 is decent considering they haven't been ranked. Do I think they are better than 24? Most definitely. However, let's see what happens in a few weeks when SEC play starts.

24 is ok for me in Feb....But I honestly don't think there is any team in the Country that really wants to play a best 2 out of 3 series against the TN VOLS... we will get the chance to move on up and we will...this team is legit....This team will win a lot of series this year....I predict an 19-11 , 18-12 SEC series record... hoping for 20-10 but that's being really hopeful...it's baseball... But this team is a TOP TIER SEC BASEBALL TEAM now and a true pleasure to watch. Funny though how some polls don't have UT listed in top 25...

24 is ok for me in Feb....But I honestly don't think there is any team in the Country that really wants to play a best 2 out of 3 series against the TN VOLS... we will get the chance to move on up and we will...this team is legit....This team will win a lot of series this year....I predict an 19-11 , 18-12 SEC series record... hoping for 20-10 but that's being really hopeful...it's baseball... But this team is a TOP TIER SEC BASEBALL TEAM now and a true pleasure to watch. Funny though how some polls don't have UT listed in top 25...
Hopefully Vanderbilt is down this season I think they've got 2 losses already.

Last edited:
I think one of the most impressive things about this start to me is the fact that we are doing it without our best pitcher and projected top 10 pick. Add him back and this team gets even better

I'll just say this

Tennessee baseball just doesn't get respect nationally like other programs. When I played, we were beating the hell out of people and it took like what seemed forever to get the national attention we deserved. However, once we did, people knew we were for real. I can tell you that being snubbed, so to speak, just adds fuel to the fire for the players. Coaches don't really care at this point in the season, but players do.

Now, I think #24 is decent considering they haven't been ranked. Do I think they are better than 24? Most definitely. However, let's see what happens in a few weeks when SEC play starts.

were u on one of the Omaha teams @xman1102 ?

Reactions: RollerVol
Noticed several teams ranked higher than Tennessee that are barely over .500. Once again, don't understand rankings sometimes.
It's only because they've played 3 game series and not a "showcase" type tournament. Line of thinking there is it's hard to beat the same team twice or even 3 times in the same weekend. Tennessee's stock will improve over the next few weeks.

I would say they just mailed it in for that poll, but Mississippi State got a good bump and Auburn went down from the UCF sweep.

The lack of respect is so disappointing.

I would be absolutely ecstatic with 18-12 in the SEC.

Hell, if that happens I will go streaking through the quad.

Too early to get heated about rankings, but its a head scratcher that we are a no-show in Baseball America and the team we beat moved UP to #2??

Makes sense?!?*%&

I lurk quite a bit. Give me a holler for specific questions you might have. I can probably provide some helpful insight.

Go Vols!
That 95 team with Todd Helton, RA Dickey and a host of other talented players was the best Tennessee team I have seen. The regional that season was in Knoxville and was 6 teams deep, IIRC with Oklahoma State as the other "big dog" in the region. The atmosphere for those two games with Oklahoma State was electric. The stadium was packed to overflow capacity. I believe we finished 3rd overall that year. Lost twice to Cal State Fullerton (eventual champs) but got two wins over Clemson and Stanford in the series. It was the era of the aluminum bats and I believe that no team took better advantage of that than Cal State Fullerton.

That 95 team with Todd Helton, RA Dickey and a host of other talented players was the best Tennessee team I have seen. The regional that season was in Knoxville and was 6 teams deep, IIRC with Oklahoma State as the other "big dog" in the region. The atmosphere for those two games with Oklahoma State was electric. The stadium was packed to overflow capacity. I believe we finished 3rd overall that year. Lost twice to Cal State Fullerton (eventual champs) but got two wins over Clemson and Stanford in the series. It was the era of the aluminum bats and I believe that no team took better advantage of that than Cal State Fullerton.

You are correct and seems to have a good memory.

VN Store

Back