Barnes offense is hot trash.....

Did you check the boxscore? Wait? Did you just forget the blue font? JJJ when rested from running down 11 rebounds shot 6 times for 9 points. 1.5 points per shot will usually hold up as OK.... he did miss his one 2 pointer though.
Are you aware that you are replying to old posts? He was obviously talking about his performance vs Mississippi State. JJJ was 2-7 from the field (1-6 from 3 point range) vs Mississippi State. That post you replied to was also from last Tuesday night (1/26).

This was a much better performance across the board. Let's hope they build from it. They had been in a pretty bad shooting slump as a team.

Victor Bailey Jr. played much better yesterday. Everybody did. Of course, that post you quoted was from last Tuesday (January 26th), after the game against Mississippi State, where Bailey was 0-5 from the field (0-3 from 3 point range). That positively sucks where I come from.

I will then suggest that every Vol use larger sample sizes before attacking or praising the efforts and results of our players with categoric statements. I am guessing our coach does as he sends guys out there to get minutes. You will however find that threads featuring over the top negative statements far out number the top positive statements. Even those more positive folks that do are typically expressing hope for, not predicting greatness, whereas their counterparts typically go straight to doom and failure. It just gets tiring and those ending posts with I hope I am wrong, even more tiring. Those of us on the more positive side are constantly facing the question of whether to respond or let it go with the possibility outsiders will assume that not challenging it means it is generally accepted as reasonable. Last word wars are what they are.

Reactions: Lurker
This aged well.

There are two teams in NCAA bb that matter. Gonzaga and Baylor.
I’ll wager those 2 don’t meet in the finals. The tourney can be crazy which makes it exciting. The best team doesn’t consistently win the tourney

I’ll wager those 2 don’t meet in the finals. The tourney can be crazy which makes it exciting. The best team doesn’t consistently win the tourney
Gonzaga really needs to try to get in the Pac 12 for basketball. They do themselves no favors beating up on nothing but cupcakes for two months before the tournament. Granted, the Pac 12 is still no gauntlet by any means, but at least they would have to do more than just show up to win.

Gonzaga really needs to try to get in the Pac 12 for basketball. They do themselves no favors beating up on nothing but cupcakes for two months before the tournament. Granted, the Pac 12 is still no gauntlet by any means, but at least they would have to do more than just show up to win.
I disagree. They are in the perfect spot. The best mid-major program by a long shot and they have big time programs lining up to play them OOC every season. This year alone they played Kansas, Auburn, West Virginia, Iowa and Virgina. Also had games against Baylor and us cancelled. They probably wouldn’t schedule all of those teams in a season if they played in the PAC-12.

ya got me thar, podna! so what would your criticism do for Rick Barnes lol
I don't care what it does for Rick Barnes. I'm sorry you took my criticism to your soft precious heart lol. Maybe you should try Twitter or something. Bunch of soft ass people on that. You'll fit right in

It is obviously a tall wager in January to bet exactly which two teams will play nor the naty in March. But they seem to he shoulders above the rest of the world, followed by Alabama and Iowa.

It is obviously a tall wager in January to bet exactly which two teams will play nor the naty in March. But they seem to he shoulders above the rest of the world, followed by Alabama and Iowa.
Alabama? Meh. They are just 5-4 outside of SEC play, in what appears to be a relatively weak year for the league.

Reactions: Vol49er
I give our Vols a puncher's chance.

Any given Sunday, as they say.

But I would not bet the mortgage.

We are poorly coached. Couldn't work the zone to save our life and look unprepared.
200.gif

VN Store

Back